What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E Mails Gone !

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was working on a draft e mail and waiting for a character to appear. All of a sudden, the screen went blank, leaving only the Emil screen that shows the New, Forward and so on Icons in the upper right.

I use MSN and the e mails are on that sever.

Re booting doesn't help, tapping the email Icon just brings up the blank screen, then it goes off and back to the desktop, home page.

Been working great for 2 1/2 years......until yesterday!

Thanks!! Ken

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Remove the email account from your settings and set it up again. This often helps solving problems with email accounts

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Remove the email account from your settings and set it up again. This often helps solving problems with email accounts
I have/had six e mail accounts, would that apply to all of them?

Ken

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have/had six e mail accounts, would that apply to all of them?

Ken

Tried deleting/adding same results, yet the e mail Icon now shows three e mails that I can't get to with the IPAD....Ken

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Force close the app:
Double tap the Home button to show the multitasking bar, slide the thumbnail above the Mail app icon (or if there doesn't appear a thumbnail: the blank space where the picture should appear) towards the top of the screen.

Which software version is installed on your iPad? The latest iOS is 8.3. For some users, who faced the same problem, the update fixed it.

Harry Porteus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also have a blank screen with the email app. no suggestions have worked. I CAN get email via Safari and on my iphone. When I double tap home button, my emails DO appear on thwt smaller screen (the one you would swipe up to close)
Can anyone help?

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I also have a blank screen with the email app. no suggestions have worked. I CAN get email via Safari and on my iphone. When I double tap home button, my emails DO appear on thwt smaller screen (the one you would swipe up to close)
Can anyone help?

I ultimatley took it to the Apple store in Cherry Hill, NJ. They just re-uploaded from the Cloud....Should have done that myself.....or at least from I Tunes!!! Duh. Ken

Harry Porteus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Force close the app:
Double tap the Home button to show the multitasking bar, slide the thumbnail above the Mail app icon (or if there doesn't appear a thumbnail: the blank space where the picture should appear) towards the top of the screen.

Which software version is installed on your iPad? The latest iOS is 8.3. For some users, who faced the same problem, the update fixed it.
I ultimatley took it to the Apple store in Cherry Hill, NJ. They just re-uploaded from the Cloud....Should have done that myself.....or at least from I Tunes!!! Duh. Ken
thank you, Ken!
I reloaded from iCloud and that seems to have worked. Great!

Most reactions

Latest posts