What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dvorak Keyboard

newt0nsbump

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to unbuy an app? I just bought a Dvorak keyboard and the found out it only works within the app. It was only a couple of bucks so I won't die if I can't unbuy it, but what I really want is one native to the iPad that works across all apps. Odd that the iPad lets you specify the Dvorak on an external keyboard, but doesn't have the option for the onscreen keyboard. Who would I speak to/email to have this included in the forthcoming update? I know it's short notice, but there's already so many language layouts shipped with the iPad, why can't we have that one as well.

PatH

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
No you cant, all app store purchases are final.

app only have access to things inside their own app. There are a few exeptions like apps being allowed to grab pictures from the camera roll. Creating your own keyboard layout inside your own app is even not allowed, however apple doesnt seem to be rejecting the apps for some reason. They could if they wanted to.

Just keep in mind when purchasing in the future that no apps on the app store will give you a new keyboard layout system wide. The only thing close would be the emoji but thats not an actual new keyboard layout, its just a hack to enable the japaneese Eoji keyboard that comes in the OS. Enabling this requires using private API's so im not sure why apple is allowing them.

Last edited:

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can email the Apple support team with the order number / order date and explain, and they will probably give you a refund, even though purchases are supposed to be final.

Most reactions

Latest posts