What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dvorak keyboard

lhamilton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Bluetooth apple keyboard that I used with my iPad 3 and have set up to work with my iPad 4. However, although I could use Dvorak layout on the keyboard for the ipad 3 (I find it hard to type on a regular keyboard without Dvorak layout), I can't get it to work as anything but regular qwerty on the ipad 4. I checked the options and Dvorak is selected -- it just doesn't come out as Dvorak ..... Any ideas?

Linda

OP
L

lhamilton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No problem -- I found it. On the iPad 4 (unlike the 2) I had 3 keyboards set up (Canadian English, UK English, and US Engilsh) and only the last one was set up for Dvorak. I set up all of them for Dvorak and the problem went away. Not sure how I switch keyboards though....

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
lhamilton said:
No problem -- I found it. On the iPad 4 (unlike the 2) I had 3 keyboards set up (Canadian English, UK English, and US Engilsh) and only the last one was set up for Dvorak. I set up all of them for Dvorak and the problem went away. Not sure how I switch keyboards though....

If you have more than one keyboard set up for your iPad, you will see a globe symbol in the lower right of your keyboard. Tap it and you can cycle through your available keyboards.

image-3833421186.jpgEnglish keyboard.

image-3660402728.jpgGreek keyboard.

OP
L

lhamilton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks -- I'd been trying to switch from to physical keyboard that doesn't have that key. However, all I'd need to do is press the key to bring up the virtual keyboard and switch there.

Most reactions

Latest posts