What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DVD Conversion

roaddaw9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First I would like to say that I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I have had my iPad about a month and love it so far.................

Question

I will be flying a few times over the next month and would like some DVDs to watch on the plane. While I don't want to buy movies I already own, is their a way to convert them from legally owned DVDs to my iPad? I have been searching and software that is good seems to be like 80 dollars or more. Is their any recommendations on decent priced software that works well.

GeeWillikers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DVDFab. Use the iPod TV or custom settings. Three clicks and you're set - beginning to end.. It updates with each new security measure the DVD publishers create so you'll never have to worry about separate software for decrypting, it coverts from any format to any format, and it's simple to use.

For people wanting a simple solution, I don't know why they recommend anything else. This is really a great all-in-one.

Lots of folks like Handbrake, but sometimes to get a god outcome you have to fiddle with the settings. (not a problem if you know what you're doing ubt many don't so...) You also have to use a separate decrypter. Bah..

DVDFab. I know where you can get a fully function demo if you like. PM me for details.

Last edited:

thehatguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.greatthreads.com
On their site they have this note on the checkout page. DO you have to buy both products?

It would be $87.60 to buy both.

NOTE:
DVDFab "DVD to Mobile" works with DVDFab "DVD to DVD" together. That is, you MUST have a valid DVDFab "DVD to DVD" license, which is applied to the same e-mail address. Please get the two products together. Otherwise, you can always retrieve the keys here,to make sure if you already have a valid license.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are going to buy something, buy the Nero Suite. You get Nero Recode which will do everything you want in just a few clicks, in addition to Nero Vision which will rip AVI and other movies files back into DVD and burn them, and also DVD/CD burning software and all that. And it's less money.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The one that comes with the suite. Recokde will convert the DVD straight to a digi format I believe. I can try it out for you this weekend if you want.

Most reactions

Latest posts