What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dumb iCloud/iPhoto question

JezJezJez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using iPhoto's at the moment and am having great fun with the Journals part of the app. I've synced my first Journal to iCloud and everything works (mostly) fine.

However, my question is - if I delete the photos off my iPad (to save space), what happens to the Journal on iCloud? Will it sync with my iPad and therefore delete everything off there as well?

I presume not but I'm really not sure as there doesn't seem be any 'options' to change what iCloud does.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
People are still sorting through iCloud usage. I use both, but not together. My understanding is that you would have to put the photos into Photostream. When you turn photostream on, you can download , or it will download the pictures.

This is how to use it from my understanding: Go into iPhoto and turn on Photostream. On the iPad; Settings/iCloud, turn on Photstream. I assume that in Photos there is a heading called Photstream that will show everything.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts