What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you SYNC bookmarks from PC - Ipad? No icloud or pay solution

greenfish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes i've tried using icloud/icloud application on windows, no it doesn't work. Yes i'm not alone either. No reponse from apple what so ever. Yes i've tried to turning on/off safari sync with icloud on my ipad, it simply doesn't work.

I have a huge bookmark catalogue on my pc so manually adding bookmarks to safari is not an option.

Is there a solution for this?

I don't fancy paying for something that's been a standard on windows for decades

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think you can do it using the Chrome browser on your iPad and your PC.

Apple will sync bookmarks across all of your Apple devices in Safari, but unless there is a PC version of Safari, I don't think you can sync to a Windows machine.

BTW, just because it is standard on Windows has little to do with what happens on Apple devices and sync across platforms.

OP
greenfish

greenfish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi!

Thanks for the prompt response.

Yes it works on Chrome, but I want to use safari on ipad.

Alas safari on windows is osbolete.

My point with windows is that this is a very simple thing really, but on this side of the table (apple) they make it out to be much harder. Also paying for a function that shouldn't cost money is archaic and it needs to go. That's like charging money for syncing data over itunes.

Icloud should solve this, but for some reason it doesn't.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Mercury browser will also sync to Firefox or Chrome on PC, as well as import bookmarks exported as HTML from any PC browser. I assume you're still using IE, and that it can export bookmarks.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi!

Thanks for the prompt response.

Yes it works on Chrome, but I want to use safari on ipad.

Alas safari on windows is osbolete.

My point with windows is that this is a very simple thing really, but on this side of the table (apple) they make it out to be much harder. Also paying for a function that shouldn't cost money is archaic and it needs to go. That's like charging money for syncing data over itunes.

Icloud should solve this, but for some reason it doesn't.

Apple has none to little interest in syncing bookmarks for products of other companies. That's their choice. Also, this is apparently not a highly requested feature, either. It's never been a big thing I was after and I think this is true for most people. It's not about it being made hard when it is simple, it's about it not on Apple's list of things to do. Finally, if you want a feature in Apple's software, it is far more effective to make it to them, rather than here. For example, last year when they released the iPad mini I went to the Apple site and typed out an email telling them I would be DONE with them if the next mini was a second tier device (I did buy the first mini as well). I seriously doubt that my single email made any difference, but when my voice was combined with many, many others who felt the same I ended up getting what I wanted.

Most reactions

Latest posts