What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dropbox for ipad 1

zyree

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello folks
I would like to know if it is possible to get an earlier version of dropbox app for ipad 1 when I try to install it tells me to update ipad to ios 7.0 but ofcourse you cant any ideas please:confused:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, if you've never owned the app before, there is no way to get an earlier version of it to work on your iPad. Sorry.

Marilyn

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello folks I would like to know if it is possible to get an earlier version of dropbox app for ipad 1 when I try to install it tells me to update ipad to ios 7.0 but ofcourse you cant any ideas please:confused:
Apple does have a program whereby owners of older devices, not on the current version of iOS, can download an earlier version of an app. This only applies to apps in your purchased list, not to the first time download of an app. So, if you've never had the app before, you won't be able to download an earlier version to your iPad 1.

mydave

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Greetings,

As an alternative, one could look for other online storage. I just come across this Hubic, which offers free 25 GB and is compatible with iOS 5.
Hope that this would be of help.

Edit: Just signed up and tested. Appeared to work same as Dropbox, but with a whopping 25 GB free, on my iPad1 :eek: . New users may want to check out several reviews, pro and con, on the net though.

Last edited:

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It looks as if most of the online storage apps are for IOS6 and above but I did see one called IDrive that can be used with IOS5.I cannot tell from the details in the Store if it is only a backup/restore app or if it can be used to access individual files like Dropbox can. I did find a manual for it that you could look at to see if it will work for your purposes www.idrive.com/ide_usermanual.pdf

OP
Z

zyree

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your input much appreciated will take a look at them all must admite I didnt think to look for an alternative :thumbs:

Most reactions

Latest posts