What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drive how can i edit a form in drive or send it from drive to google docs please

steady123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi ,how can i edit a form in my drive ,or send it from my drive to google docs please

BikeFlagAZ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are you referring to a file on an external drive? What type of file?
We need to know exactly which iPad you have (model number on back) so that we can recommend the correct cables/adapters.

OP
S

steady123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you referring to a file on an external drive? What type of file?
We need to know exactly which iPad you have (model number on back) so that we can recommend the correct cables/adapters.
Its a form on my ipad in drive that i need to edit or put it in docs still on my ipad its iPad Pro 2020

OP
S

steady123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you tap on the three dots in the top right corner, you will plenty of options to move your document or open it in another App.
Thanks for the reply done what you said ,but dont give me the option to send to google docs ,where i need it

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you have Google Drive on you iPad, you can use the Files app to copy/move files between iCloud Drive and Google Drive.

If you don’t see Google Drive in the files app, tap the (…) icon at the top of the files list and choose Edit. Google Drive should show up with a switch next to it that you can enable.

Once you can see Google Drive, navigate to the iCloud Drive you want to move, select it, then choose to Move it. In the dialog navigate to the Google Drive option, and to the folder you want (if that appears). Choose copy to finish. Because you are moving between different types of storage, the file won’t actualy move. It will be copied. If you want the original deleted you’ll have to do that as a separate action.

Once it is in Google Drive, you should be able to access the file in Google Docs.

Depending on the app and the file type, you may also see Google Docs and/or Google Drive in the share sheet. That should also work.

I rarely use Google Drive these days, but it has always been a bit unpredictable on my iPad. Google’s Drive app is sub-par, and their integration with the Files app not much better. Expect things to be a bit odd compared to how you expect them to work.

If this does not work for you, try to be more specific abaout what you are trying to do, and how you are attempting it. we might be able to offer more specific advice.

OP
S

steady123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have Google Drive on you iPad, you can use the Files app to copy/move files between iCloud Drive and Google Drive.

If you don’t see Google Drive in the files app, tap the (…) icon at the top of the files list and choose Edit. Google Drive should show up with a switch next to it that you can enable.

Once you can see Google Drive, navigate to the iCloud Drive you want to move, select it, then choose to Move it. In the dialog navigate to the Google Drive option, and to the folder you want (if that appears). Choose copy to finish. Because you are moving between different types of storage, the file won’t actualy move. It will be copied. If you want the original deleted you’ll have to do that as a separate action.

Once it is in Google Drive, you should be able to access the file in Google Docs.

Depending on the app and the file type, you may also see Google Docs and/or Google Drive in the share sheet. That should also work.

I rarely use Google Drive these days, but it has always been a bit unpredictable on my iPad. Google’s Drive app is sub-par, and their integration with the Files app not much better. Expect things to be a bit odd compared to how you expect them to work.

If this does not work for you, try to be more specific abaout what you are trying to do, and how you are attempting it. we might be able to offer more specific advice.
Thank you so much for the detailed reply ,the form i have is in goggle drive on the iPad Pro 2020 and is showing as PDF if that makes a difference , i can email it etc , but cant get it into goggle docs so i can edit it hope this makes sense as i dont no how to work these things, i am just a builder lol

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
1) If you have more than one Google account, make sure you've selected the correct account in Docs; top right icon.

2) Use the triple line icon next to Search in Drive to open the side panel. If Google Drive is an option, choose it. Sometimes it will default to Recents, which doesn't show everything in Google Drive.

3) If you are viewing Google Drive at the root level in Docs, you should see Home, Starred, and Files options at the bottom of the screen. To look at all your files and folders on Google Drive, choose Files.

I didn't realize you could fill out PDF forms in Google Docs until your questions prompted me to try. There are lots of good PDF apps out there that make filling out forms easier than Google Docs, and offer much better tools. Adobe's Acrobat Reader does a good job, and is free. I like Documents by Readdle, or PDF Expert by the same developer. Same PDF editing tools, with a different emphases on file handling. Not free though.

Most reactions