What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem loggin in to Google drive from savvy woda documents

kittyshart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad was given to me by a friend who used it for a couple of days with his ID . He used it with mail and google docs.
I have changed apple store ID and Google drive account info, and have no problems purchasing apps or accessing my files stored on google drive from Google drive. However, when I try to open a file from google drive from savvy soda an application called Documents, it requires me to log in, and does not allow me to view or update my google account data.
The app presumes that i am trying to access google drive under the the username of my friend, and would report a login error every time. I really like Documents, and need to be able o edit docs from my google drive.
Pleas advise m n dealing with his.

Does anyone hav a

However
I am trying to access my Google drive from Documents

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Somewhere in the app, or under the Settings app, and then that app, there should be an option to sign out. You'll have to search for it, use it, then sign back in with your own account data.

If you can't find it, you'll need to contact the developer (links can usually be found on the App Store page) and ask.

Before you go too much further, it might be best to do restore on the device and start over using your own Apple ID, rather than piecemeal finding and fixing your friend's old data. You'll lose any apps that you already loaded, but since you can't update them without his Apple ID, you're going to lose them functionally anyway, though that might be quite a ways in the future.

Any apps (or other iTunes content) that you've purchased with your own Apple ID can be downloaded again for free.

Be sure to save any documents and pictures you may have already saved on the device.

You can do a factory restore on the Device by going to Settings > General > Reset, then Erase all Contents and Settings, or by connecting to iTunes on a computer and restoring from the Summary page.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts