What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

dizdizdizzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Brooklyn, I see you have 3 emeralds already. That was super fast! What combo/combos did you use? I've read the description again, I now I get it - it's a bit cryptic - cant bread it with another dragon type!

Ursa3000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love this forum!! It seems that over in the UK, we don't get the wizard notices about updates till a few days after they appear.. So this forum is always where I learn about things..

I'm downloading the update right now and looking forward to finding new dragons.

Just a quick question, I've always thought you had to breed 2 hybrids to get a rare, but tonight I've got a 48 hour breed from a Storm and a Water... Has this just not happened to me before or is this unusual?

Congrats to all those who've succeeded with the Current and Plasma as both are still eluding me.

Congratulations on the 48 hours (assuming you wanted one!). It will be a moon or sun, the cold and lightening elements seem to be the relevant elements and it isn't unusual to have used only one hybrid. If you started the breeding after 7pm it should be moon. They are my favourite dragon.

dizdizdizzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dizdizdizzy said:
Hey Brooklyn, I see you have 3 emeralds already. That was super fast! What combo/combos did you use? I've read the description again, I now I get it - it's a bit cryptic - cant bread it with another dragon type!

Wow, just took another look at your parks-you have upgraded everything!

DVQueen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Frenzzz, i got a 48Hr from my first try with Lichen/Crystal when trying for an Emerald? What could it be? Sun or Moon?

It depends where you are, 7 AM - 7 PM is a Sun, thereafter a moon. ahhh that's frustrating. Are you going to speed it up or I would wait to get the hours lower.

Hey Frenzzz.. How many dragons does the new gem island can hold at a time??

3 per island and there is 4 islands. 12 gem dragons.

Ursa3000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what does the 'display' option does when trying to hatch/sell an egg from the hatchery?

Hi Skaala
Sort of congrats on the 48!!!! There were 4 elements in your combo so fingers crossed for that rainbow you have been hunting.

I think the gemstone island holds 12 but I was so excited that I can't remember for sure! I have had a go at using the display option and it makes your chosen egg into a lovely decoration that you can place anywhere on your islands. Be warned that once this has been done you will not be able to hatch the egg although you can sell the decoration. I am planning to use them with the low value failed breeding attempts I get trying to breed limited time dragons! Won't take long to fill an island!

srcharsha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is the dodo gone? I guess I didn't realize it was limited...I have been trying for a panlong now for 2 weeks with no luck. Any suggestions?

Emerald Eric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DVQueen said:
Hello Eric, Welcome to our Addiction. For a newbie, it sounds like you have done well with the Butterfly dragon and a 48 hr. Rare. Yay!

To answer your questions, the Butterfly is listed as a limited dragon. I would recommend to try for a second, just in case if you would like to get more down the road. To update your game, you will need to go to the app store and search for dragonvale and you will see the update there to download. There is a new emerald dragon and I got it in four tries with lichen and crystal. Do you have these dragons? Also are you able to purchase the Epic Breeding Island? As you will need them to get the new dragon. Good luck!

DV Queen - thank you for the help with the update! Do u have any idea how long the Butterfly, Current, Emerald, Plasma, And Dodo dragons will be available? The reason I ask is so I can plan and try to breed them in order so I don't miss out on one before its gone. I DO have lichen and crystal dragons and have 1 butterfly but no current, emerald, plasma, or dodo ;(. any suggestions which one to go for next? Also I do have the epic breeding island but that's where my 48 hour rare is held up until tomorrow at like 4 pm...

Emerald Eric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Skaala2903 said:
Welcome Emerald Eric.. LOL.. I think the currently available limited dragon is the Butterfly.. And i have heard that some people even get the Dodo now though it doesnt show up in the market.. The update is released now.. Happy breeding!!
Do post here for any queries on the game.. There are a lot of wonderful ppl here who are ready to help all the time..

Skaala - thanks for the welcome. :) I think I might try for the dodo soon - seems like that one may be gone soon!

Skaala2903

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It depends where you are, 7 AM - 7 PM is a Sun, thereafter a moon. ahhh that's frustrating. Are you going to speed it up or I would wait to get the hours lower.

3 per island and there is 4 islands. 12 gem dragons.

Then, what about the Rainbow?? So, it could be my nth Sun (i lost count of the amount if suns i got) or my first elusive Rainbow.. Hopefully, it shud be my Rainbow..

Skaala2903

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Skaala
Sort of congrats on the 48!!!! There were 4 elements in your combo so fingers crossed for that rainbow you have been hunting.

I think the gemstone island holds 12 but I was so excited that I can't remember for sure! I have had a go at using the display option and it makes your chosen egg into a lovely decoration that you can place anywhere on your islands. Be warned that once this has been done you will not be able to hatch the egg although you can sell the decoration. I am planning to use them with the low value failed breeding attempts I get trying to breed limited time dragons! Won't take long to fill an island!

Thanks Ursa, hope its my elusive Rainbow!!

Skaala2903

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My 48Hr with Lichen x Crystal (1st try) turned out to be my nth Sun :(
Guess what the second try got me?? the dreaded 24hr Crystal :(
and BTW, i got my 2nd Current with Water x Magnetic in the normal BC.. Got my first Plasma with Lightning x Rust in the EBI..

Most reactions

Latest posts