What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

DVQueen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got my plasma with lightning/ice. That puts me at two butterflies and a plasma :)

Thank you for sharing. Did you have long hours with failed attempts with this combo?

Congrats on getting 2 butterflies, you had a GREAT day! :thumbs:

KellyScott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ocelli is the false eye marking. As noted by someone else the wings look like a dragon head. Very creative. :). Are you planning to go for the crown? I hear it is a steep uphill climb.

I only keep two of the limited dragons, just in case if I need to breed them. I don't have all of them as I started in January. Also, two sandstorms, air, mags and iron to breed and sell. My other hybrids mostly are just one. I need the DC to feed these hungry buggers. So when I level them, off to the market to sell hehehe.

I am still hunting for the Plasma, I keep getting Mags. I am only using the lightening and rust combo, hoping the next breed will give me the magic 16 hrs. I guess I could of purchased one as I must of used 200 gems to speed up the failed attempts of Butterfly and Plasma. I was hoarding my gems and used all 155 and purchased small bag. A small token to BFS for an addictive game.

Did you get all 3 new dragons? What combo did you use for Plasma?
Oh interesting. They went to a lot of work on the design of the butterfly an it pavilion. Others have commented on the repetitive design on the plasma and current.

I got my plasma by either mag and water or swamp and lightning. Don't remember now. I got the current about the same time, the butterfly took me longer.

What is the crown?

KellyScott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh and I keep 2 of the really hard to gets, rares and limiteds. I joined late and am missing bone, love, reindeer, all those early ones. And I haven't yet got Frostfire. I used 150 gems to get the three new ones. The only time I gem splurge is when they put out new ones. I got my leap years in the 11th hour that way after I panicked I was going to miss out. Now it's a pattern LOL

fleur07

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DVQueen said:
It is nice. I have it on my coliseum island for now. I am thinking to create my sixth island a all green wild island and have the pavilion amongst the greenery. Once I completed my gold shrines grind. :)

My 6th is my wild island with nothing but plant habitats. I have a few butterfly houses there!

drdragonlady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
peppiegal said:
Once you get to a high enough lvl you will start getting shrines. They start out bronze and after you get 50 dragons to lvl 10, including ones you sell, you will be able to raise there levels to 15. Once you get, say, 50 lvl 15 plant dragons the shrine should turn gold and you can raise your plant dragons to lvl 20.
My question is do you have to raise both the elements for hybrid dragons before you can level them up?

No.

Kim. Sent from my iPad using iPF

peppiegal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DVQueen said:
Thank you for sharing. Did you have long hours with failed attempts with this combo?

Congrats on getting 2 butterflies, you had a GREAT day! :thumbs:

Great weekend. I just got my dodo too! As for the plasma I had an 8 hour then the second try I got it

monsterGordon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ICE AND SCORCH!!!! I just got a sun dragon gunna hatch. Just did it twice and got another 48 hrs. I have a ton more i can try as well. If u want me to tell u them PRIVATE MESSAGE me. I dont respond on the threads. Sorry. But if the others work i will gladly help you. :D

monsterGordon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
M.P Meyer said:
Can anyone who has all 6 islands tell me their max number of habitats they can have? When you click on visitors it sometimes says "more islands would allow more space for dragons" so I'm wondering if your number of islands effects habitats, I currently don't have the last island since I have no need for it until I get more habitats since 5 islands is Enough room right now.
I think it is 25 for max or possibly 30. Im not sure exactly. And i have 4 islands. Thinking of getting the rest but i would have no room anyways i dont know. 25 or 30.

KellyScott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What's the little "+ thing on the bottom right of people's posts? I just pressed one to see what would happen and it changed color so I pressed it again. Hope it's not hooked up to an ejection seat or anything bad.

Every new island I get I think " I'll just leave it wild and green " and then I end up wiping everything off it. Wish the market had rocks and more tree choices so I could put them where I want them . I have at least a dozen butterfly pavilions and sold off a few decorations to make room. Would like to make the next island a butterfly one.

kl005204

iPF Noob
Reaction score
anyone know how to breed plasma or current dragon. i just got mine butterfly dragon. level 10 willow and level 10 firefly. it gives me a butterfly egg. nice nice 12 hours incubation time....

y i cannot see plasma and current dragon in the egg section?

add me give me gems i will give you also. i got the gem tree :)

gcid: kl005204

KellyScott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Click on the link in my signature. The new dragons are in red with NEW beside them. All the possible breed combinations are there

DVQueen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh interesting. They went to a lot of work on the design of the butterfly an it pavilion. Others have commented on the repetitive design on the plasma and current.

I got my plasma by either mag and water or swamp and lightning. Don't remember now. I got the current about the same time, the butterfly took me longer.

What is the crown?

Congrats on getting all three! I should give that combo a try.

Once you have completed the quest of raising 50 level 15 dragons you will be able to push your dragon above level 15 onto level 20 where you will get the Crown Dragon of that type. It is a steep climb . . . .but it has been done.

DVQueen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh and I keep 2 of the really hard to gets, rares and limiteds. I joined late and am missing bone, love, reindeer, all those early ones. And I haven't yet got Frostfire. I used 150 gems to get the three new ones. The only time I gem splurge is when they put out new ones. I got my leap years in the 11th hour that way after I panicked I was going to miss out. Now it's a pattern LOL

LOL, you made a better investment than I did. You're one up on me. :). The LYD was emotionally exhausting getting the second one. I am feeling plasma is like the frostfire. An hybrid dragon that is more difficult to get than a rare. I got both using my favorite combo cold / love, but you did note you missed this limited. You could try cold with blazing or scorch or firefly. This one took me a while and sandstorm did too.

Most reactions

Latest posts