What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

ManicDreamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brooklyn11220 said:
Hey everyone There's not 2 dragons but 3 I just got a hidden dragon it's call current dragon I used water left and magnetic right it took 16hrs woooohoooo feels awesome to be the first to ind a hidden dragon.

Wow! Congratulations, must be a real buzz discovering a hidden one.
I was thinking there may be more hiddens, so this has given me the urge to try other missing combinations now!

Must find something to do when stuck at L30 for so long.
Shrine grind isn't as exciting as breeding new dragons!

peppiegal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
KellyScott said:
Just bought a whole mess of butterfly pavilions. They are SOOOO pretty

I didn't realize we had those. They are really pretty
Just got my second butterfly with sonic and firefly :)

KellyScott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I only need to breed 4 more butterflies and I have the total dragon inventory #'s to get me the rest of the way to gold.

I have 33 dragons at level 15 and I need 367 more. All 367 are at or above level 10 now, except the butterflies not yet born.

Once the butterflies are born my only breedings will be for rusts and mags for cash.

Once I go gold then I expect I'll have hit level 30 or darned close with the food manufacturing and the dragon hatching.

Then I will save the 100 DC for my level 30 island.

THEN I will go a-hunting for that darned elusive Frostfire that I haven't been able to get yet.

What a plan!

DVQueen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I only need to breed 4 more butterflies and I have the total dragon inventory #'s to get me the rest of the way to gold.

I have 33 dragons at level 15 and I need 367 more. All 367 are at or above level 10 now, except the butterflies not yet born.

Once the butterflies are born my only breedings will be for rusts and mags for cash.

Once I go gold then I expect I'll have hit level 30 or darned close with the food manufacturing and the dragon hatching.

Then I will save the 100 DC for my level 30 island.

THEN I will go a-hunting for that darned elusive Frostfire that I haven't been able to get yet.

What a plan!

That seems a lot of dragons to level up. What is your strategy? As some of the hybrids like Panlong and Bloom will knock off multiple shrines. For example, one Panlong will cover 4 shrines ( water, earth, air and fire ).

Last edited:

DVQueen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to get two of both. I am having a lot of trouble with the dodo. I just got the EBI but it's not helping

Congrats on getting your EBI. The EBI will give you a 10% success rate in breeding DoDo. My successful combo was earth and chrome. I believe my failed attempts were metal dragons and provided good DC to feed those hungry dragons. I wish you a successful hunting. Fingers crossed for the Dodo.

Last edited:

KellyScott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That seems a lot of dragons to level up. What is your strategy? As some of the hybrids like Panlong and Bloom will knock off multiple shrines. For example, one Panlong will cover 4 shrines ( water, earth, air and fire ).
Yup, I have 21 pan longs, 20 blooms. I said dragons where I meant elements. Thanks for catching that.

8 shrines at 50 elements = 400 elements. I have 33 elements at level 15, which leaves 367 to get. I have 161 dragons in total and 8 dragons at level 15.

DVQueen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yup, I have 21 pan longs, 20 blooms. I said dragons where I meant elements. Thanks for catching that.

8 shrines at 50 elements = 400 elements. I have 33 elements at level 15, which leaves 367 to get. I have 161 dragons in total and 8 dragons at level 15.

367 elements seem so daunting. :). I look at dragons. Based on my customized plan a friend drew up for me I have 60 dragons i have left to breed. Majority of them are (19) Pans and (26) Blooms. I worked from low breeding time to longer breeding to the end of my gold shrines grind. I am just taking my time as I was thinking to level my (2) Butterflies to 15 as I like how BFS incorporated the ocelli design.

Good luck on your gold shrine grind. :). Thank you for sharing.

DVQueen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my first butterfly dragon and it's my first limited dragon

Congratulation on getting your first limited dragon! You may want to consider trying for a second, to have that option to breed more Butterfly dragons once BFS pulls it off the market. The butterfly dragon is my favorite now, I only wished it had a habitat that yield higher DC.

KellyScott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
367 elements seem so daunting. :). I look at dragons. Based on my customized plan a friend drew up for me I have 60 dragons i have left to breed. Majority of them are (19) Pans and (26) Blooms. I worked from low breeding time to longer breeding to the end of my gold shrines grind. I am just taking my time as I was thinking to level my (2) Butterflies to 15 as I like how BFS incorporated the ocelli design.

Good luck on your gold shrine grind. :). Thank you for sharing.

Thank you. What's an ocelli design? I'm not familiar with that term. I use an excell spreadsheet to calculate my gold quest that's why it's in elements. Yes, 367 does seem daunting! If they'd come up with a multi metal hybrid it would be easier, but the butterfly helped. Wonder what is beyond level 20 dragons?? Fun to speculate, and feeds into the hoarding concept for fear of selling the wrong ones!!!

DVQueen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. What's an ocelli design? I'm not familiar with that term. I use an excell spreadsheet to calculate my gold quest that's why it's in elements. Yes, 367 does seem daunting! If they'd come up with a multi metal hybrid it would be easier, but the butterfly helped. Wonder what is beyond level 20 dragons?? Fun to speculate, and feeds into the hoarding concept for fear of selling the wrong ones!!!

Ocelli is the false eye marking. As noted by someone else the wings look like a dragon head. Very creative. :). Are you planning to go for the crown? I hear it is a steep uphill climb.

I only keep two of the limited dragons, just in case if I need to breed them. I don't have all of them as I started in January. Also, two sandstorms, air, mags and iron to breed and sell. My other hybrids mostly are just one. I need the DC to feed these hungry buggers. So when I level them, off to the market to sell hehehe.

I am still hunting for the Plasma, I keep getting Mags. I am only using the lightening and rust combo, hoping the next breed will give me the magic 16 hrs. I guess I could of purchased one as I must of used 200 gems to speed up the failed attempts of Butterfly and Plasma. I was hoarding my gems and used all 155 and purchased small bag. A small token to BFS for an addictive game.

Did you get all 3 new dragons? What combo did you use for Plasma?

DVQueen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Checkout the beautiful butterfly pavillion in the Market (very inexpensive :) I love the stained glass look and vibrant colors! So happy to see something new!

It is nice. I have it on my coliseum island for now. I am thinking to create my sixth island a all green wild island and have the pavilion amongst the greenery. Once I completed my gold shrines grind. :)

peppiegal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DVQueen said:
Did you get all 3 new dragons? What combo did you use for Plasma?

I just got my plasma with lightning/ice. That puts me at two butterflies and a plasma :)

Most reactions