What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

Smurfette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OMG, OMG, OMG. I finally got my second Panlong. I didn't have time to check the breeding time when I set them to breed. Couldn't check yesterday so this morning I reset my breeding caves and rechecked my newly designed breeding island, to find a Panlong egg in the hatchery. Now onto frostfire. Thank God for 250strong's thread. No more searching through hours of pages to find out how. Thank you.

Michelin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oops looks like I was, temporarily, taking over the thread with all my replies again, sorry people, hehe.
(just saw Poppy thought he was too so I guess we'll have to share the 'honour', haha)

Some frustrating (for me) news from my new 'baby park'...

As previously mentioned I am trying to leave my islands pretty natural on my second account and so for my second (colosseums, farms and breeding) island I had tucked the breeding cave and nursery behind and between some big rocks to ensure privacy and quiet for my breeding/hatching dragons. I had only just got it done and was very happy with the idea and look.

[pic was supposed to be here but it won't upload :mad:]

Do you see that little 'in process' bar on the bottom rock? :( THAT is the cause of my distress. You see, I next made the 'mistake' of trying to add/change some paths around my colosseum (designed to channel the visitors that way - AWAY from the breeding area) and, in the process, got bumped by my daughter...
Not only did I accidently touch the rock, instead of the path I was aiming for, but then I also "chose" to remove the rock all in one split second, accidental, jostle *sigh*.
I was literally going "Nooooooo, noooooooo, NO!" and felt like I was going to cry.
I REALLY wish there was a way to cancel removals (even if it took half the cost or something) as I have done this before and every time it's SO frustrating.

In the same vein, I wish there was an option to move some of the existing rocks/trees etc as I really like the look of them but maybe need the area configured slightly differently...I'd even pay the same amount to be able to move instead of remove.

Yeah, that's my DV 'rant' for the day...anyone else share my frustration?

Last edited:

Vivipilou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whoever thought DV is just a game has never "encountered" Poppy. In reality, DV should be used as "war game" for marketing projects lol

Cox780770

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Smurfette said:
OMG, OMG, OMG. I finally got my second Panlong. I didn't have time to check the breeding time when I set them to breed. Couldn't check yesterday so this morning I reset my breeding caves and rechecked my newly designed breeding island, to find a Panlong egg in the hatchery. Now onto frostfire. Thank God for 250strong's thread. No more searching through hours of pages to find out how. Thank you.

Yay congrats SMURFETTE that's brill x x x x

vicky x. GCID dragonville10

Cox780770

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Michelin said:
Oops looks like I was, temporarily, taking over the thread with all my replies again, sorry people, hehe.
(just saw Poppy thought he was too so I guess we'll have to share the 'honour', haha)

As previously mentioned I am trying to leave my islands pretty natural on my second account and so for my second (colosseums, farms and breeding) island I had tucked the breeding cave and nursery behind and between some big rocks to ensure privacy and quiet for my breeding/hatching dragons. I had only just got it done and was very happy with the idea and look.

Do you see that little 'in process' bar on the bottom rock? :( THAT is the cause of my distress. You see, I next made the 'mistake' of trying to add/change some paths around my colosseum (designed to channel the visitors that way - AWAY from the breeding area) and, in the process, got bumped by my daughter...
Not only did I accidently touch the rock, instead of the path I was aiming for, but then I also "chose" to remove the rock all in one split second, accidental, jostle *sigh*.
I was literally going "Nooooooo, noooooooo, NO!" and felt like I was going to cry.
I REALLY wish there was a way to cancel removals (even if it took half the cost or something) as I have done this before and every time it's SO frustrating.

In the same vein, I wish there was an option to move some of the existing rocks/trees etc as I really like the look of them but maybe need the area configured slightly differently...I'd even pay the same amount to be able to move instead of remove.

Yep lol I also wish we could pay to move them x

vicky x. GCID dragonville10

Birdmaestro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amended Gold Shrine Strategy

Thanks to input from Fletch, here's an amended strategy using Panlongs:

Panlong 36/36, sells for $1M
- Water
- Earth
- Fire
- Air

Plant 15/15 Seconds, sells for $50
- Plant

Storm 5/5, sells for $100K
- Lightening
- Cold

I really like this combo. no duplication and once you pay your dues to build the Panlong team, whether for Silver or Gold, you are set to fly.

Poppy

hazzarrd13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Birdmaestro said:
Thanks to input from Fletch, here's an amended strategy using Panlongs:

Panlong 36/36, sells for $1M
- Water
- Earth
- Fire
- Air

Plant 15/15 Seconds, sells for $50
- Plant

Storm 5/5, sells for $100K
- Lightening
- Cold

I really like this combo. no duplication and once you pay your dues to build the Panlong team, whether for Silver or Gold, you are set to fly.

Poppy

You would have to do the plant last. It makes sense that way but the thought of selling level 15 or 20 dragons for $50 or whatever currency........ That will hurt.
Shame we don't have one yet with lightning, cold and plant.
Those developers are keeping us on our toes. ;-)

Hazel from my iPhone

Smurfette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Birdmaestro said:
I'm trying to ignore this, but my Don Quixote compex keeps rearing its ugly head. Why are obvious cheaters listed on leader boards? It's kind of discouraging for those of us who play honestly. It would be so easy to police. If someone has an unreasonably giant score but has never paid the game producer, it's pretty obvious that they cheated.

I've come to recognize a few things that many cheaters have in common:

0 Their parks aren't designed or populated.
They don't really care about the game, they just want to mindlessly amass points.

0 As their parks aren't populated, there are no visible signs of production.
The honest folks here who are striving for gold shrines have built, or are building, production.

0 Their coin and treat counts are huge.
Despite no evidence of production, they have somehow amassed massive numbers.

I'd like to run them out of Dodge. There's enough pond scum in this world without them having to pollute everything.

Poppy

Hey Poppy, could you do me a big favour , and see if you could help me with my Chinese Island. I cant quite get it right. It's okay, but I need a second opinion to give it that WOW factor.

Birdmaestro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You would have to do the plant last. It makes sense that way but the thought of selling level 15 or 20 dragons for $50 or whatever currency........ That will hurt.
Shame we don't have one yet with lightning, cold and plant.
Those developers are keeping us on our toes. ;-)

Hazel from my iPhone

And Fletch asked about a Silver/Gold strategy, which as I hadn't given any thought to as I had all my Silvers. Seems like it would make sense to go all the way through as you can store your level 10's in the HC and take them from there.

Poppy

P.S. I think they gave us the multi-element Pans & Loves to make this easier after they saw all the *****ing and moaning here and on the DV Wiki. I wouldn't be surprised if the next dragon was Lightening, Cold and Plant. :)

Birdmaestro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Poppy, could you do me a big favour , and see if you could help me with my Chinese Island. I cant quite get it right. It's okay, but I need a second opinion to give it that WOW factor.

I'd be glad to take a look, but I'm not the design maven. I'm more about efficiency and, as they say in Hawaii, talk story.

Poppy

Segbert

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Many, many MANY times accidentally click on something and did not want remove and or the amount of food too. I wish there was a cancel button or pop up asking again if we want it removed. There definitely improvements needed, but you have to work what you got.

Most reactions

Latest posts