What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

Cox780770

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sunfresh said:
Hope everyone in the family is recovering well!!
My poor family have been coughing and blowing nose for the past 2 weeks.. :(

Is it the global warming?

Thanks sun fresh and hope you all feel better soon x x x

vicky x. GCID dragonville10

Fletch_smf

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Does anyone know when the next update is gonna be for dragonvale???

I wouldn't be expecting anything until after Valentines Day ... but that's not too far away now. Some festive holidays for the rest of the year include.

St Patricks Day - March 19
Easter Sunday - April 8th
Cinco de Mayo - May 5th
Mothers Day - May 13th
Fathers Day - June 17th (U.S.)

Cox780770

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yay had to come and tell you guys my son just got his first panlong yayyyyyyyy and the best thing is that he is in his nans for the weekend and I have been looking after his game so he does not even know yet he'll be soooooo pleased I got it in the EBI with fog lvl 8 and lava lvl 4 he had been trying to get it with blazing mud and I just decided to put in his fog and lava and bam 36 hrs first try with that combo x x x x

I said the game knew he was a kid and is going easy on him GT lmao x x x x but it must be he's had a sun a rainbow and a panlong in a week and a half x x x x

Last edited:

Smurfette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cox780770 said:
Yay had to come and tell you guys my son just got his first panlong yayyyyyyyy and the best thing is that he is in his nans for the weekend and I have been looking after his game so he does not even know yet he'll be soooooo pleased I got it in the EBI with fog lvl 8 and lava lvl 4 he had been trying to get it with blazing mud and I just decided to put in his fog and lava and bam 36 hrs first try with that combo x x x x

I said the game knew he was a kid and is going easy on him GT lmao x x x x but it must be he's had a sun a rainbow and a panlong in a week and a half x x x x

Congratulations mum. I agree. He's definitely one of the lucky ones. I should get my so to play my game too. Roflmao.

skaterboy69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fletch_smf said:
I wouldn't be expecting anything until after Valentines Day ... but that's not too far away now. Some festive holidays for the rest of the year include.

Cinco de Mayo - May 5th
Mothers Day - May 13th

Thats what I was thinking but it seems like forever ago when the love dragon came out

phibes74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SnuggleTM said:
OMG, that was too funny (yet familiar)!! The poor guy must have been going through hell. He must have been so relieved to find out your affair was with an entire world of cute little dragons :) And I think Shellee's tears were tears of laughter like mine! Hold onto him babe and congrats on your future iPad (jealous!!!) :)

Thank you very much...... I felt bad about it but afterward we both had a great laugh

Sent from. Tricia xoxo

phibes74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Birdmaestro said:
And Fletch asked about a Silver/Gold strategy, which as I hadn't given any thought to as I had all my Silvers. Seems like it would make sense to go all the way through as you can store your level 10's in the HC and take them from there.

Poppy

P.S. I think they gave us the multi-element Pans & Loves to make this easier after they saw all the *****ing and moaning here and on the DV Wiki. I wouldn't be surprised if the next dragon was Lightening, Cold and Plant. :)

I that is what I am trying to do I have 50 in my HC I am taking all of them to gold and then sell them off and start on the next combo that way I do not lose out on all the food that I took to get them to silver....

Sent from. Tricia xoxo

phibes74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cox780770 said:
So guys thanks for sending my son gems a little update on how he's going I bought him a small sack of gems ( 130) to get the EBI and his 48 HR was a rainbow ( not surprised as it was mud/blazing lol ) and he also now has his 3rd island and he's half cleared it , so he going pretty well and now he's got 2 caves to try for those pesky pans ( once he's bred a second pair of mud blazing) x x x x

I am so glad to hear that.... Congrads to him

Sent from. Tricia xoxo

phibes74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fletch_smf said:

Cinco de Mayo - May 5th
Mothers Day - May 13th

I so hope they do a st pats and cinco de mayo... That would be cool

Sent from. Tricia xoxo

250strong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OMG, OMG, OMG. I finally got my second Panlong. I didn't have time to check the breeding time when I set them to breed. Couldn't check yesterday so this morning I reset my breeding caves and rechecked my newly designed breeding island, to find a Panlong egg in the hatchery. Now onto frostfire. Thank God for 250strong's thread. No more searching through hours of pages to find out how. Thank you.

Now you need to teach me how to get my second panlong!! lol

Snalfa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
phibes74 said:
That would be great if we could do that... And I agree it is very wrong that they get to be posted and the people that really play and care about this game is lost in all the fake numbers

Sent from. Tricia xoxo

When I started to play, I didn't know about this forum, so I googled around, looking for cheats (tricks) I saw a yotube with a kid that had hi-jacked his phone, and he had multiple rainbows and he just took out how much he wanted in DV money. I really couldn't see the point though. I would for the first never hi-jack my precious iPhone, and never ever for dragonvale.

This game is about the building stuff, the strive. When you have full-filled all shrines, all dragons, all level, the game must be a bit lame. I mean, ok it's frustration to wait for a rare, but it's also part of the games charm! Of course I can minicheat and buy a stack of gems once in a while, but it's not like I have the nerve to buy a sack all the time, sucks to spend real money on a game (even dv), so those purchases are rare..

What I did look after back in sept was trick to get the rainbow and if there are some cool stuff hiding (as if you hit a well 3 times, all the dragons will get a skirt and spin around). I know now that the rainbows are very random, but are there any stuff hiding?

Morning to you all, 7 in the morning, one kid still asleep, so I can have forum-time!

phibes74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Snalfa said:
When I started to play, I didn't know about this forum, so I googled around, looking for cheats (tricks) I saw a yotube with a kid that had hi-jacked his phone, and he had multiple rainbows and he just took out how much he wanted in DV money. I really couldn't see the point though. I would for the first never hi-jack my precious iPhone, and never ever for dragonvale.

This game is about the building stuff, the strive. When you have full-filled all shrines, all dragons, all level, the game must be a bit lame. I mean, ok it's frustration to wait for a rare, but it's also part of the games charm! Of course I can minicheat and buy a stack of gems once in a while, but it's not like I have the nerve to buy a sack all the time, sucks to spend real money on a game (even dv), so those purchases are rare..

What I did look after back in sept was trick to get the rainbow and if there are some cool stuff hiding (as if you hit a well 3 times, all the dragons will get a skirt and spin around). I know now that the rainbows are very random, but are there any stuff hiding?

Morning to you all, 7 in the morning, one kid still asleep, so I can have forum-time!

12:22 am here...
I was the same way but was very happy when I found people like me who are going about it the way the game was made to be played....

Sent from. Tricia xoxo

phibes74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry up collecting coins... 7mil to go for that next island... Boy is that gonna be hard to see go bye bye....

Sent from. Tricia xoxo

Snalfa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Birdmaestro said:
Sorry to monopolize the thread right now, but I just got back from a two mile walk with elevation and I'm resting my aching back (off pain killers now).

I thought it might be interesting - and helpful - to put together a plan for those just now getting ready to start on their gold shrines. Given that the leveling up is the most resource intensive part of the process, it makes sense to kill as many birds with one stone as possible (I hate that expression).

We'll want to tinker with it and I'll get things started.

It's tempting to just default to the Panlong with it's four elements. But it has two major drawbacks: first you need a pair and secondly it's 36/36. But they are great to keep for a coin factory when you're done. Here's what a Pan grouping might look like:

Panlong 36/36, sells for $1M
- Water
- Earth
- Fire
- Air

Love 5/5, sells for $100K
- Lightening
- Plant
- Fire

Storm 5/5, sells for $100K
- Lightening
- Cold

You cover all seven elements with three level raisings.

How about a grouping that doesn't include Panlongs? How about this?

Love 5/5, sells for $100K
- Lightening
- Plant
- Fire

Ice 8/8, sells for $250K
- Cold
- Water

Sandstorm. 2/2, sells for $500K (!)
- Air
- Earth

This covers all seven elements with no duplication and short breeding times.

OK, let's work on optimizing this and it can serve as a reference similar to the Breeding Guide when we're finished.

Poppy

I was thinking of
Panlong - earth, fire, wind and water
Poison - plant, fire
Storm - cold, lightning

Starting with panlongs, and storm then. I think it's wise to first get the panlongs due to the money of course, but also because I think next dragon will have all those the panlong lacks. The reason I don't want the love is purely estetic, I don't like the color in the fire habitat, and this way I could exclude love..

But I will see how I do after panlongs. Now I'm stacking up some food, when I hit 1000, i will start collect Money instead, the last island comes first!

Most reactions

Latest posts