What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
cranberrylotion said:
Wait.. Cheating?? You mean buying gems/food/cash, right? That'd be a slippery slope, I feel like!

No, buying treasure from the game itself is not cheating, although you can argue from a purist point of view that it is certainly a short-cut and earning the treasure is perhaps the "right" way of progressing.

I myself, after a couple of glasses of wine last weekend admitedly, purchased 1500 gems and some food which gave me a significant short term boost, at the cost of around £50. It got me up to L14 quite quickly, but hat is quite a serious amount of money, and not something that I can sustain regularly! In real world terms it has now turned my copy of Dragonvale into a game costing more that most of my PS3 titles! :O
Moreover, I actually regret it now being at L19 since I have "discovered" the joy of breeding. With hindsight, the shortcuts I took to just hatch lots of the early "25 gem" dragons weren't really worth it. ;)

The cheating comes into it because it is possible to hack your device, via jailbreaking (although jaibreaking itself is not enough), so that you do not have to pay for treasure with real world cash. Before going any further I must clearly state iPF's rules on this subject. Bypassing Apples paywall is illegal and the staff at iPadForums neither condone or support piracy / stealing in any way. Jailbreaking is NOT about getting apps or in-app purchases for free, it is about enhancing your device to do things differently, however we cannot prevent people seeking out these illegal hacks and installing them after they jailbreak. What we can and do prevent is any discussion of promotion of the way to do the illegal hacks. Rant over! :D

You will come across DV players from time to time who have unfeasibly high stocks of gems, food, or cash. Some have argued that they are rich and can afford it, however, one in one recent case on these forums I did the calculation and the member would have appeared to have currently well over $100,000 of real world cash tied up in their current unspent stock, not to mention the cash already spent to get where they were in the game! You can draw your own conclusions.

To summarise, and of course IMHO, purchasing treasure from time to time to give yourself a boost is not cheating. But bypassing the Apple paywall is illegal and lifts all restrictions in the game giving you limitless resources. That IS cheating, and even if you disagree, it IS illegal.

Finally, whilst you are all free to have your own opinions about the morality of cheating, and indeed to cheat yourselves, we don't support the public criticism of individuals who may or may not be cheating here either. Be respectful. If you don't agree with cheating, simply don't play with anyone you suspect of being a cheat. At the end of the day, you don't have proof you are not playing with Richy Rich! :D

Last edited:

KellyScott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow interesting. I limit my budget to a maybe once a month modest purchas of gems and I never buy food or dragon money. I go thru it too fast. My gems go for the new dragon rush as they come up or when I've been trying for something for ever and want to try a few new combos that are recommended that I didn't know about. And Ive finally gotten impatient.

How boring would the game be if I could get to level 30 and all gold in an afternoon. Most of the fun is in the strategy and the time it takes to reach goals. And the occassional rush of strategically using some gems to help get to the really tough ones. I've visited some islands where there is an insane amount of resources but figured they've been on since the beginning and madly saved food and cash and possibly have a healthy allowance to put on gems. I didn't know you could circumvent the system and get free stuff. And I would never do it. Comes down to integrity really. I'm no angel but if I'm going to indulge in bad behavior my rules are do no harm to anybody else. game developers are legitimate businesses. And I find the money charged for the gems you get are quite fair (some games are not as good on the value for money).

ren05

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
No, buying treasure from the game itself is not cheating, although you can argue from a purist point of view that it is certainly a short-cut and earning the treasure is perhaps the "right" way of progressing.

I myself, after a couple of glasses of wine last weekend admitedly, purchased 1500 gems and some food which gave me a significant short term boost, at the cost of around £50. It got me up to L14 quite quickly, but hat is quite a serious amount of money, and not something that I can sustain regularly! In real world terms it has now turned my copy of Dragonvale into a game costing more that most of my PS3 titles! :O
Moreover, I actually regret it now being at L19 since I have "discovered" the joy of breeding. With hindsight, the shortcuts I took to just hatch lots of the early "25 gem" dragons weren't really worth it. ;)

The cheating comes into it because it is possible to hack your device, via jailbreaking (although jaibreaking itself is not enough), so that you do not have to pay for treasure with real world cash. Before going any further I must clearly state iPF's rules on this subject. Bypassing Apples paywall is illegal and the staff at iPadForums neither condone or support piracy / stealing in any way. Jailbreaking is NOT about getting apps or in-app purchases for free, it is about enhancing your device to do things differently, however we cannot prevent people seeking out these illegal hacks and installing them after they jailbreak. What we can and do prevent is any discussion of promotion of the way to do the illegal hacks. Rant over! :D

You will come across DV players from time to time who have unfeasibly high stocks of gems, food, or cash. Some have argued that they are rich and can afford it, however, one in one recent case on these forums I did the calculation and the member would have appeared to have currently well over $100,000 of real world cash tied up in their current unspent stock, not to mention the cash already spent to get where they were in the game! You can draw your own conclusions.

To summarise, and of course IMHO, purchasing treasure from time to time to give yourself a boost is not cheating. But bypassing the Apple paywall is illegal and lifts all restrictions in the game giving you limitless resources. That IS cheating, and even if you disagree, it IS illegal.

Finally, whilst you are all free to have your own opinions about the morality of cheating, and indeed to cheat yourselves, we don't support the public criticism of individuals who may or may not be cheating here either. Be respectful. If you don't agree with cheating, simply don't play with anyone you suspect of being a cheat. At the end of the day, you don't have proof you are not playing with Richy Rich! :D

So overall cheating is no fun, do it the proper way, be patient and you'll get every thing you need

ren05

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fleur07 said:
Dodo is mine!! 2 of them!!! First pair in The EBI earth x chrome, in the normal breeding cave blaze x earth! I'm so excited!

Congrats :D

BaileyandI

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fleur07 said:
Dodo is mine!! 2 of them!!! First pair in The EBI earth x chrome, in the normal breeding cave blaze x earth! I'm so excited!

How many hours does it take to hatch the little critter? TIA

KellyScott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good thing is no mistaking the 16 hours, not like some where u don't know what you ave till the egg is layed

M.P Meyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KellyScott said:
Wow interesting. I limit my budget to a maybe once a month modest purchas of gems and I never buy food or dragon money. I go thru it too fast. My gems go for the new dragon rush as they come up or when I've been trying for something for ever and want to try a few new combos that are recommended that I didn't know about. And Ive finally gotten impatient.

How boring would the game be if I could get to level 30 and all gold in an afternoon. Most of the fun is in the strategy and the time it takes to reach goals. And the occassional rush of strategically using some gems to help get to the really tough ones. I've visited some islands where there is an insane amount of resources but figured they've been on since the beginning and madly saved food and cash and possibly have a healthy allowance to put on gems. I didn't know you could circumvent the system and get free stuff. And I would never do it. Comes down to integrity really. I'm no angel but if I'm going to indulge in bad behavior my rules are do no harm to anybody else. game developers are legitimate businesses. And I find the money charged for the gems you get are quite fair (some games are not as good on the value for money).

I have I only every purchases some gems to get EBI back when it first came out, I've gotten everything else

M.P Meyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fleur07 said:

Grats!! :D I'm so happy for you !!!!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts