What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

downloaded iTunes film just stops playing

barrysha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded a film from iTunes directly to my iPad. after playing for about 50 mins the film just stops repeatedly at the same scene. if i go back to videos on the toolbar all i get is a blank screen? i can to the filsm i have on the ipad by going to iPod then movies and it will play other movies Ok but the new download fails as before????

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sounds like a corrupted download. You'll want to download it again.

If you are in the U.S. there should be a Purchased section in iTunes where you can see all your previously purchased Movies and TV Shows. I you can, then just delete the movie and try downloading it again.

If not, contact Apple Support and tell them what the problem is. They will (probably) re-queue the movie so you can download it again. Don't forget to delete the original before starting the new download.

But don't delete the original until you know you can download it again.

OP
B

barrysha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dowload

can't see the film via the iPad and don't have my PC to look at iTunes that way on my account. not in US so will wait until In get home. Have emailed iTunes support so wait to see. How do i delete a film from the iPad?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just one other thought. Try forcing the Videos app to quit. Double-tap the Home button and then press any icon until they all start to jiggle. Then press the upper left hand corner of the Video app to completely close it. Now press the Home button again to close the multi-task bar and try again. Probably won't work, but might be worth a try.

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
can't see the film via the iPad and don't have my PC to look at iTunes that way on my account. not in US so will wait until In get home. Have emailed iTunes support so wait to see. How do i delete a film from the iPad?

Depending on what and how you are viewing, one or more of these methods are usually available.

In a album cover sort of view, tap and hold the album. A small X should appear at the top left of the picture. Tap it to delete.

List view, swipe across the movies name, usually right to left, but sometimes either way works. A red delete button will appear.

Look for an Edit button on the screen. It's usually at the top right. Once it is activated you can select multiple items then tap a red delete button that should have also appeared.

Most reactions

Latest posts