What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Download ipad update problem

mommysboyz2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After I downloaded the software update is there supposed to be new apps or does it just affect how my ipad performs?

lshaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem with downloads

I bought an app today from the app store from my iPad and when I try to download it I get a message that it's larger than 20 MB and I need to do this with a WiFi or on my computer. I plug the iPad into the computer but nothing happens. The icon on the iPad is frozen in the "loading" phase. I can't find the app on my computer in the playlist or the list of "purchased", even though I have a receipt for payment.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Download in iTunes without the iPad connected. If it's not listed in the Updates or Downloads section, just go back to the App Store and download again. You won't be charged twice if you are using the same iTunes account.

-t

Lutfij

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really i am not up with your jargon. How do you download the upgrade via utorrent? what is the url to go to download the ipad upgrade?

Cajun dancer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Download Problems

See my response on pg 2. You have to disable your firewall to download IPad and IPhone upgrades.

chinw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Downloaded 4.3.5 update and is taking several hours backing up iPad2. Never took so long before with other updates. What is up with that?

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just now updated to 4.3.5, it took just under 20 minutes. 10 to download, and 10 to install and verify. It all went smoothly. I make sure to have transferred all purchases and sync what I want before I start. (used my mac book laptop over wifi)

jasna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lshaw said:
I bought an app today from the app store from my iPad and when I try to download it I get a message that it's larger than 20 MB and I need to do this with a WiFi or on my computer. I plug the iPad into the computer but nothing happens. The icon on the iPad is frozen in the "loading" phase. I can't find the app on my computer in the playlist or the list of "purchased", even though I have a receipt for payment.

Assuming you're Syncing with iTunes it should happen automatically. Did you try to reset iPad? Try going to updates. I have the opposite problem. I'd like to download anything over 20 MB on 3G but don't know how to as it automatically defaults to wifi.

boccaccio1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Luke

Hi Luke- you drew the short straw, as. Yours was the first post I opened. I am a new forum member. I can't even find the "create post" button on this site from my iPad . Can ya give a lonely man a hand and point me in the right direction. Sorry to bother you, but I have been all over this site and I still can't figure out how to post a question/subject. Thanks

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Luke- you drew the short straw, as. Yours was the first post I opened. I am a new forum member. I can't even find the "create post" button on this site from my iPad . Can ya give a lonely man a hand and point me in the right direction. Sorry to bother you, but I have been all over this site and I still can't figure out how to post a question/subject. Thanks

I don't think you'll get an answer form Luke. If you look at the date of the thread, it was posted last November!

When viewing a forum (but not a specific thread) there is a "New Post" button both at the top of the list of threads and also at the bottom after the last post on a page.

So if you want to start a new thread. View the appropriate forum then press the "New Post" button either at the top or bottom of the page.

KDCyp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with my PC. I was able to download and save on my PC, but don't know how to have the update command ask me for the location!

PC doesn't have an Option button, and Alt doesn't seem to work.

HELP,

For windows, use the shift key instead of Alt :)
kd

Most reactions

Latest posts