What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Download problem!

snowboarder8985

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Scoobaru said:
Don't know if there is an apple store in ireland,don't quote me on it. I'll have a gander on the net and see if there are any. If so,i may go and do it there. Thanks for the help.

Maybe you can try a library computer also or a local school computer if they aren't locked down.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok,will do. I've tried the download option only but same results but then again i only tried it the once that way so will have a go again with that option. Does it come up as saying that the antivirus doesn't recognise the program or is it just a given that you need to do that? I'll try that aswell,i'll try anything at this point! Thanks everyone for their input. I'll let you know if i succeed.

The firewall-anti-virus suggestion comes from experience and reports from others. I was having trouble (some years ago) downloading a large movie file. After a few exchanges with Apple he asked if I had anti-virus software running, and recommended taking it down. I stopped the software. Immediately my download worked. I've heard a few other members mention similar experiences.

It is by no means consistent. That movie was the only thing that would not download. What quirk in that software was stopping the download I never figured out.

OP
S

Scoobaru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally! I got the 4.3.5 downloaded. I think it was just the speed of the wifi which is really crap in Ireland! It was only running an average of 190kb/per sec which went down to around 65kb. Slow! Limited broadband in this country. I haven't ungraded it to the ipad yet but will do after weekend. Just happy to have it finally done.=}

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yay!

The actual update on the iPad doesn't take all that long. Just make sure it isn't interrupted.

When I'm feeling paranoid I restart the computer, start only iTunes, start the update, and do nothing on the computer until it is finished. When I'm feeling adventurous, I settle for just not doing anything else on the computer. ;)

OP
S

Scoobaru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Yay!

The actual update on the iPad doesn't take all that long. Just make sure it isn't interrupted.

When I'm feeling paranoid I restart the computer, start only iTunes, start the update, and do nothing on the computer until it is finished. When I'm feeling adventurous, I settle for just not doing anything else on the computer. ;)

I know, to be honest i'm abit scared of new tech that i know nothing about especially apple and especially this bit of kit. I actually have a rented film that i haven't watched yet and was going to watch over wknd. So i don't want to upgrade the ipad yet as it says i have to copy it to itunes first or it will be lost(i think?) and to be honest i'm not too sure how it to itunes. Its all new to me. I've always been a cd/dvd buyer for years,which is abit silly now with all the software out there. Now i just buy from itunes which is great and very addictive. Big fan of my heavy metal music videos. Anyway to make a long story short. Will it interfere or delete the apps or videos i have if i upgrade it?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem. It isn't like the update contains some awsome new feature.

For future reference, when you want to move a rented movie on or off the iPad, you connect it to iTunes, select it in the Devices list, then go to either the Movies or TV Shows tab at the top of the screen (depending on what you rented). You'll see a move button beside each rented show pointing to the iPad or iTunes list, whichever list it is not on.

OP
S

Scoobaru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
No problem. It isn't like the update contains some awsome new feature.

For future reference, when you want to move a rented movie on or off the iPad, you connect it to iTunes, select it in the Devices list, then go to either the Movies or TV Shows tab at the top of the screen (depending on what you rented). You'll see a move button beside each rented show pointing to the iPad or iTunes list, whichever list it is not on.

Cheers for that bit of info. Good to know for future references. Many thanks=}

Most reactions

Latest posts