What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Download problem!

Scoobaru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,just wanted to ask if anyone has had a problem downloading io4.3? I've tried several times to download it on my laptop but the furthest i got was about 350gb of the 643gb on it to complete it. It just keeps telling me that its unable to complete the download,check internet connection. Now the wireless connection is fine and on full bar coverage so beyond that i'm stuck!
Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers,
Eamonn

snowboarder8985

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that it's not a 643 gb file. Maybe 643 mb but def not gb

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't have any problem downloading 4.3.4 or 4.3.5 on five iDevices in a row. I did 4.3.4 the day before yesterday, then learned about 4.3.5 and did that yesterday. I did three iPads, an iPhone 4 and an iPod touch 4.

OP
S

Scoobaru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
snowboarder8985 said:
I'm pretty sure that it's not a 643 gb file. Maybe 643 mb but def not gb

Yes sorry,typing error. I meant mb,it would take a long time to download it in gb!=}

Last edited:
OP
S

Scoobaru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I didn't have any problem downloading 4.3.4 or 4.3.5 on five iDevices in a row. I did 4.3.4 the day before yesterday, then learned about 4.3.5 and did that yesterday. I did three iPads, an iPhone 4 and an iPod touch 4.

Can it only be done from a pc/mac or can it be done directly from an ipad? Probably not but thought i'd ask anyway.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Scoobaru said:
Can it only be done from a pc/mac or can it be done directly from an ipad? Probably not but thought i'd ask anyway.

At present you need a PC/mac to download.

The Archangel

snowboarder8985

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Scoobaru said:
Yes sorry,typing error. I meant mb,it would take a long time to download it in gb!=}

Yea. I was just busting your balls

tuffigirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What do you have for an Internet connection? Cause if you're trying with WiMax you can forget it. Even with so called 4g if the winds blows even slightly it'll interrupt it. A friend of mine tried many times before figuring this out and coming to my house to download it. And because of the size of it you absolutely need a strong connection.

snowboarder8985

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can always go to an apple store with USB cable and do it on one of their computers.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Two things. Use the Download Only option. It tends to work better for some reason. Also, some people have found it necessary to temporarily disable their firewall and/or virus protection for longer download from Apple. Don't forget to turn them back on afterwards if you try this.

OP
S

Scoobaru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tuffigirl said:
What do you have for an Internet connection? Cause if you're trying with WiMax you can forget it. Even with so called 4g if the winds blows even slightly it'll interrupt it. A friend of mine tried many times before figuring this out and coming to my house to download it. And because of the size of it you absolutely need a strong connection.

Hey,i have an o2 hotshot wi-fi which has good connection so i don't think its that. Although sometimes when it stops downloading it say it can't connect to server? Maybe it is this problem. I'm going to attempt it again,probably a few times,before i give up on it. Wish me luck!

OP
S

Scoobaru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
snowboarder8985 said:
You can always go to an apple store with USB cable and do it on one of their computers.

Don't know if there is an apple store in ireland,don't quote me on it. I'll have a gander on the net and see if there are any. If so,i may go and do it there. Thanks for the help.

OP
S

Scoobaru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Two things. Use the Download Only option. It tends to work better for some reason. Also, some people have found it necessary to temporarily disable their firewall and/or virus protection for longer download from Apple. Don't forget to turn them back on afterwards if you try this.

Ok,will do. I've tried the download option only but same results but then again i only tried it the once that way so will have a go again with that option. Does it come up as saying that the antivirus doesn't recognise the program or is it just a given that you need to do that? I'll try that aswell,i'll try anything at this point! Thanks everyone for their input. I'll let you know if i succeed.

tuffigirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tuffigirl said:

Hey,i have an o2 hotshot wi-fi which has good connection so i don't think its that. Although sometimes when it stops downloading it say it can't connect to server? Maybe it is this problem. I'm going to attempt it again,probably a few times,before i give up on it. Wish me luck!

Good luck! And don't get me wrong... MiFi can get a very good connection at times. And it may never appear to you that you were knocked offline. It's just enough so that it interrupts the download... or so that I'll notice it says my friend is offline on chat even though she insists she never went anywhere (if that makes sense LOL). Plus we live in a neighborhood with a very large hill that can affect any MiFi connection.

Most reactions

Latest posts