What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Download help ( again!) needed.

Reaction score
Hi chaps,

I did a thread before on the same subject ( how to download a Youtube prog > ipad air?) & y'all kindly got me to 9covert.com.

But recently trying again, all I get now is "access denied" error page on this site. I'm in the UK.

Is there another way? So I'm simply wanting to download a doco for eg, then watch later offline: I have no TV here, nor electricity in my offgrid small log cabin I'm now spending evenings in, to save on Centrally heating the house at all. So my ipad is my 'tv'.

(The battery pack has come in very handy: & I am able to download from All4 just fine, & watch in my cabin).

Thanks, Schwangster.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi chaps,

I did a thread before on the same subject ( how to download a Youtube prog > ipad air?) & y'all kindly got me to 9covert.com.

But recently trying again, all I get now is "access denied" error page on this site. I'm in the UK.

Is there another way? So I'm simply wanting to download a doco for eg, then watch later offline: I have no TV here, nor electricity in my offgrid small log cabin I'm now spending evenings in, to save on Centrally heating the house at all. So my ipad is my 'tv'.

(The battery pack has come in very handy: & I am able to download from All4 just fine, & watch in my cabin).

Thanks, Schwangster.
Hi Schwangsta, I am afraid you need to subscribe to the Premium service to download YouTube videos for watching later.

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi Schwangsta, I am afraid you need to subscribe to the Premium service to download YouTube videos for watching later.
So this is a new thing jupiter? I was doing fine up until a few months ago, using 9 convert.com downloading YouTube progs.

OP
S
Reaction score
Well, any workaround would be piracy!
Im not understanding sorry. I dont know what workaround means, nor understand why you mention the word piracy ( if a bbc documentsry on Youtube for eg, is obviously not owned by youtube).

I asked on here before, & it was suggested 9 convert. I did this & it worked, but now it doesn't. Does anyone know why it's not, or, tell me again how I do this, presumably some other way ?

Thanks, Schwanger

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
YouTube wants you to pay for the privilege of downloading and viewing videos off line. To this end they are constantly blocking the work arounds that other apps use to download videos from their site. Especially since this allows you to skip the commercials you otherwise have to watch with free access.

The copyright and therefore piracy issue would depend on the exact laws governing the media and YouTube's agreement with the media provider. Just because it's BBC does not necessarily mean you can take it for free without going through one of their outlets or authorized re-broadcast/streaming services. Copyright law is confusing at it's best.

Does the BBC app (I'm sure there is one) not have an offline feature?

OP
S
Reaction score
YouTube wants you to pay for the privilege of downloading and viewing videos off line. To this end they are constantly blocking the work arounds that other apps use to download videos from their site. Especially since this allows you to skip the commercials you otherwise have to watch with free access.

The copyright and therefore piracy issue would depend on the exact laws governing the media and YouTube's agreement with the media provider. Just because it's BBC does not necessarily mean you can take it for free without going through one of their outlets or authorized re-broadcast/streaming services. Copyright law is confusing at it's best.

Does the BBC app (I'm sure there is one) not have an offline feature?

Hi twerppoet, I was hoping you might help tbh, thanks indeed.

BBC do have an iplayer.. but you need a tv license here, & they are serious anout enforcing it/ letter after letter I have to proove I don't watch any live tv at all, or their iplayer 'vault' of shows. Which I don't. £175 a year you see. Rather big brother enforcement, threats of visits etc. Ridiculous, not had tv for 6 years but still have to proove it tine after time.

I was only using bbc as an eg, of something I might have downloaded off YouTube a few months ago, it Could be a national geo doco, disvovery, history channel one, just things people put up on YouTub often many years old.

So absolutely no chance I can do this anymore then?

Thanks, Schwanger

So Youtube has changed recently has it? I was sure it was on here it was recommended 9convert.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't remember if anyone recommended the app. It wasn't me. I'd rather pay the subscription and not worry about the intricacies of copyright law, how close to the line I can walk, and keeping up with those tools that allow you to walk that line, or beyond.

I'm not immune to the frustration that can result from not being ablle to get the content you want delivered the way you want it, but I remind myself that no one actually owes me that content, and I'm not going to die without it.

OP
S
Reaction score
I don't remember if anyone recommended the app. It wasn't me. I'd rather pay the subscription and not worry about the intricacies of copyright law, how close to the line I can walk, and keeping up with those tools that allow you to walk that line, or beyond.

I'm not immune to the frustration that can result from not being ablle to get the content you want delivered the way you want it, but I remind myself that no one actually owes me that content, and I'm not going to die without it.
Perfectly reasonable twerppoet, I was being rather pushy expecting to have my content free, & asking y'all to tell me how !

I'll look into subscription things, tbh I need to get prepared for the world cup, that's footy (in Qatar & in winter for some absurd reason) for you chaps over the pond. So I'll need to checkout vpn's or summink.

Thanks, Schwanger

Most reactions

Latest posts