What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downgrading ipad from 3.2.2

stgg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bad reader !

first of all sorry for my englis ...i speak french :)

i save my ssh with umbrella 4.2.05 but i forget to check advenced options and save my ssh with device version 3.2.2 7b500...

i try to re-save with version 3.2.1 but cydia said this device isn't not iligible for the requested build...

somebody can help me ?

thank in advance for the help

fenderprowler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.freeipadjailbreak.org
I just bought my ipad and tried umbrella.
I selected 3.2.1 and save my SHSH.
But the end result is this:
CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPad3G 3.2.1 (7B405) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE.

Is there a workaround? Sorry I am new to this.
It seems that Cydia is having problems with the Servers, and has lost hundreds of SHSHs Blobs from users, not confirmed, in other forums, users are saying that!

fenderprowler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
first of all sorry for my englis ...i speak french :)

i save my ssh with umbrella 4.2.05 but i forget to check advenced options and save my ssh with device version 3.2.2 7b500...

i try to re-save with version 3.2.1 but cydia said this device isn't not iligible for the requested build...

somebody can help me ?

thank in advance for the help
A bad configuration of the Advanced Options in TinyUmbrella could turn your Crazy! Because if you didn't selected the correct firmware you want to save, you saved the 3.2.2 SHSHs Blobs that Apple signs everyday.

You can investigate this by, running TinyUmbrella and clicking: Display SHSHs Button!

stevo86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
3.2.1 firmware file

Ok so after a long and frustrating struggle with the ipad i was stupid enough to update to 3.2.2, it was jailbroken and I’m trying to downgrade to 3.2.1, everything is fine except the 3.2.1 firmware (iPad1,1_3.2.1_7B405_Restore) is a zip file and when clicking 'restore' in iTunes it doesn’t pick up any files, not sure if the whole file needs to be in .ipsw format or what, if anyone knows how to fix this please let me know. Oh I’m using windows 7. Thanks.

dman4x4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just don't understand how some people were able to downgrade to 3.2.2 without having their 3.2.1 shsh saved in advance.

Marius000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I`ve done the same thing and then the following error : The iPad "iPad" cannot be restored at this time because the iPad software update server
could not be contacted or is temporarily unavailable. I`ve got that shsh and still i can`t do it. i need some help.

qph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so after a long and frustrating struggle with the ipad i was stupid enough to update to 3.2.2, it was jailbroken and I’m trying to downgrade to 3.2.1, everything is fine except the 3.2.1 firmware (iPad1,1_3.2.1_7B405_Restore) is a zip file and when clicking 'restore' in iTunes it doesn’t pick up any files, not sure if the whole file needs to be in .ipsw format or what, if anyone knows how to fix this please let me know. Oh I’m using windows 7. Thanks.

I think if you've downloaded the firmware file from the link in the 1st post then it already has .ipsw extension. Make sure you hit Shift + Restore, not just Restore. iTunes should let you choose a ipsw file in a dialog box.

qph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just don't understand how some people were able to downgrade to 3.2.2 without having their 3.2.1 shsh saved in advance.

I think you meant "downgrade to 3.2.1 from 3.2.2", then I'm not so sure either, but it worked for me. My guess is that the shsh blob is supposed to be unique for each iPad but maybe it's not so. Some saved 3.2.1 shsh at cydia also "describes" my iPad, that's why it worked for me.

Last edited:

fenderprowler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website

I think you meant "downgrade to 3.2.1 from 3.2.2", then I'm not so sure either, but it worked for me. My guess is that the shsh blob is supposed to be unique for each iPad but maybe it's not so. Some saved 3.2.1 shsh at cydia also "describes" my iPad, that's why it worked for me.
When did you downgrade? Is probable that you did it when Apple allowed it.

qph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When did you downgrade? Is probable that you did it when Apple allowed it.

I downgraded (then jailbroke, what else it's for, right? :) ) on exactly 19/8 by following the posts before that date in this thread. Then I noted down what I did in post #23. Before that I upgraded from 3.2.1 to 3.2.2 without knowing about cydia, much less saving my 3.2.1 blob. AFAIK, at that time Apple already forced to use their latest iOS when restoring.

jonathanjay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how about a solution?

It seems that personal motivation is not enough for creating a workable iPad 3.2.2 jailbreak solution. Perhaps financial motivation will spur someone to solve this problem. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would pay pretty good money (relative to the price of our new iPads) to be able to perform this jailbreak before November.

aossaily

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi there i have tryed countless times i am stuck in the part where you shift click i tunes to load the restore file i downloaded above but it is looking for a ipsw file and in the downloaded compressed file there is no ipsw file . My second question is do i have to put my ipad in restore modd and at what point exactly do i do taht please help .....thank you very much

Most reactions

Latest posts