What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downgrading ipad 2

BestNameEver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read somewhere that you can downgrade the iPad 2 down to 4.3.5 or lower. But, I'm wondering, can you upgrade back up to 5.0.1 so I can jailbreak with absinthe?

BartuHTC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you don't have saved shsh blobs for iOS 5.0.1, you can't go to that version, if you update to 5.1, which that's the only version you can update to, there's no way to restore to 5.0.1
If you don't even know what shsh blobs are, don't even consider any version update but 5.1, sorry.
And as you know, there's no jailbreak for 5.1 currently. So 5.1 is a dead end for 5.0.1

Swiped with HTC Trace on Desire S using Primo S 3.3 with HTC Sense 4A
If you don't see A, that means It's probably May and ICS update is published and I'm screaming out loud! lol :)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
BartuHTC said:
If you don't have saved shsh blobs for iOS 5.0.1, you can't go to that version, if you update to 5.1, which that's the only version you can update to, there's no way to restore to 5.0.1
If you don't even know what shsh blobs are, don't even consider any version update but 5.1, sorry.
And as you know, there's no jailbreak for 5.1 currently. So 5.1 is a dead end for 5.0.1

Swiped with HTC Trace on Desire S using Primo S 3.3 with HTC Sense 4A
If you don't see A, that means It's probably May and ICS update is published and I'm screaming out loud! lol :)

Unfortunately, you cannot restore 5.0.1 on iPad2 even if you HAVE shsh blobs. It is impossible as things stand. Only the iPad1 can be restored to 5.0.1 with SHSH Blobs today.

Hope that clarifies.

Rushh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it possible to downgrade to 4.3.3 from my current 5.0.1 using tinycfw? ipad2 3g gsm.

Since the baseband has changed for 5.1, will the old custom firmware work (i had created one when 5.0.1 was the latest ios) or ill have to create a new one with the new baseband?

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Rushh said:
Is it possible to downgrade to 4.3.3 from my current 5.0.1 using tinycfw? ipad2 3g gsm.

Since the baseband has changed for 5.1, will the old custom firmware work (i had created one when 5.0.1 was the latest ios) or ill have to create a new one with the new baseband?

Yes, you'll need to create a new one, but as long as you have your blobs it should be OK.

Chuon bonavong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please help me to downgrade my ipad2 3G gsm 5.1 to 4.3.3 I have try through many method but problem is fixed error and I can not solve it yet Big thanks in advance

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Please help me to downgrade my ipad2 3G gsm 5.1 to 4.3.3 I have try through many method but problem is fixed error and I can not solve it yet Big thanks in advance

Unfortunately, now that your iPad2 is on iOS 5.1, there is no downgrading you can do. The iPad2 has to remain on 5.1. Sorry.

Marilyn

OP
B

BestNameEver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have another question; What if i downgrade ios 5.1.2 to ios5.0.1? Can you upgrade back to ios 5.1 or ios 5.1.1?

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BestNameEver said:
I have another question; What if i downgrade ios 5.1.2 to ios5.0.1? Can you upgrade back to ios 5.1 or ios 5.1.1?

5.1.2 does not exist (yet)
If you downgrade to 5.0.1 you can go back to 5.1.1(today, things may change in the future)

Most reactions

Latest posts