What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't Want to restore my IPAD help!!!!

Barry Chuckle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, :)

I'm new to this forum, so hello everybody!

I've bought an Ipad of a friend and I'm really pleased with it, first time I've used an apple operating system, and finding it really easy to use.

However I have a problem, I tried to use Sharepod with my ipad (which in hindsight I shouldn't have) and now when I log into itunes on my PC I get a 'Itunes cannot read the contents of the ipad, please restore'

My understanding is that when I restore, my Ipad will be back to factory state and I'll lose all the apps I've paid for.

I cannot back up my apps to itunes due to this problems. But the ipad itself is working perfectly. But it will not connect to itunes on my pc

Is there anyway I can 'repair' my ipad so it will work with itunes without having to do a full restore or failing that am I able to save my apps without itunes?

Any help will be welcomed with open arms!:)

OP
B

Barry Chuckle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used sharepod from my PC, not on the Ipad so uninstalling sharepod wouldn't solve the problem.

Thanks for the advice though

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah when you redownload apps you'll get a message that you already bought it and do you want to reinstall. Also, did you try uninstall share pod on pc, uninstall iTunes on pc and then reinstall iTunes to fix the issue? Or are you expecting compatibility once you restore? It would be a pain, if you got it all reset and then tried to sync again and get the same restore message.

OP
B

Barry Chuckle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks for all your help

I took your advice and restored my ipad, and as you said the apps i bought were reinstalled for free.
Unfortunately the software my mate who i bought the ipad off has gone, but still I never paid for that in the first place.

You're all very kind

Regards!

Most reactions

Latest posts