What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with sync and restore on iPad3 5.1

Rik756

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got an iPad 3 white, 16gb, wifi. Love it! But I'm having issues with some photos and have some questions about backup.

I took a bunch of photos with the iPad itself and of course they defaulted to the standard camera roll. I tried to use iTunes to transfer three other folders of pics from my pc to my iPad but using the sync and folder select and I was hoping it would create three separate albums but 1. Not all three folders transferred. 2 the ones that did transfer are no longer in order and 3 they aren't in the right folder.

To add insult to injury, when I tried to clean it up I accidentally deleted all the photos I took on the iPad itself.

I "think" iTunes backed up the iPad photos when I did the sync but I'm not sure. There is a back up for it in the iTunes restore.

My questions-

1. Is there a way to see if the photos are there without doing the restore?
2. If the photos are there, is there any way to ONLY restore the photos and not the whole thing?
3. Once I get this mess cleaned up, is there any drag & drop method to move pics from either my iPhone or pc without iTunes? Or even a drag & drop with iTunes like you can do music? Using the latest version of iTunes btw.

The only threads and guide related to this that I could I find pre-date the ipad 3 and 5.1 so I'm hoping there is something new.

Thanks all,
Rik

OP
R

Rik756

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, when I got to album view and click edit, it will only let me delete on of the two albums I created. The camera roll and one other do not get the x to be able to delete and I can't see either of them when I enter the phone via auto play>open device to view files>internal storage>dcim... I get two folders that way, but still cant delete, copy or paste from there.

Most reactions

Latest posts