What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DOMKE BAG: DSLR (canon 7D), iPad, 4 Lens, Flash, & accessories

dj r

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased the Domke F-3X in black. It fits my iPad perfectly!!!!

iPad on it's side on front pocket:
IMG_4551.jpg

iPad standing up:
IMG_4550.jpg

IMG_4549-1.jpg

IMG_4545.jpg

IMG_4549.jpg

Yes I'm excited the iPad fits. But the bag also fits all of my photography gear. Two lens in the dedicated lens pouches in the main compartment. A third lens in the main chamber separated by a velcro pad that comes with the bag. And the 7D with any of my lens attached on it's side in the bag row. Total of 4 lens. My flash lives in one of the two large end compartments. The iPad in the front compartment. And there is still room for papers and personal items in the other end compartment and the back pocket. A fifth lens could live in the end pockets as well.

The iPad will also fit in the bag while in a protective sleeve. I don't believe it would fit in the pocket while in a leather wallet (a more sturdy/boxy case - but I will test asap). It's that good a fit! The iPad will fit horizonal or vertical in the pocket, obviously horizontal is the ideal method. The iPad will only fit standing up vertically in the rear pocket, it is too long to fit horizonally.

view bag on b+h

Exterior Dimensions 12.5 x 7.25 x 9.6" (31.7 x 18.4 x 24.4 cm) (LxWxD)
Interior Dimensions Main compartment: 8.5 x 5.5 x 9.0" (21.5 x 14 x 23 cm) (LxWxD)

Last edited:

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Need to see pictures of it on, to get an idea of the murseness of it.

OP
D

dj r

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Need to see pictures of it on, to get an idea of the murseness of it.

lmao!!

hey I found this online really quick. it's not my pic or me...
hope this helps...

post-8-10989802230.jpg

found more, definitely a murse in these pics!
3730424961_38fd2c6b02_o.jpg

3445065479_c829b24cac.jpg

Last edited:

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess if you are big into photography you usually get a free pass. No one is going to look down on a photographer with a murse because they know it's got lenses and whatnot.

OP
D

dj r

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hear ya.

For years I would decide whether to bring a little point and shoot camera or my DSLR. I would always regret not having my slr. One day I decided to always bring my slr and I haven't looked back. At this point, I may as well slide the iPad in there and be able to show off some pics.

If I don't want to bring the iPad and only need my camera and 1 lens, maybe a flash and maybe 1 small extra lens, I take my domke f-10.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haha, nothing special, I'm no professional. I bought a Canon SD780 IS. I needed the smallest possible camera for a decent price for a trip to Germany. My wife has a pretty thin Sony, but it takes those stupid Sony MemoryDuo sticks or whatever.

I find that if I don't have a slim camera, I don't take as many pictures.

OP
D

dj r

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm pleased you purchased a Canon. My first DSLR was a Nikon. Now I have a Canon. And I've always had Canon point and shoots. You will enjoy it a lot. Enjoy your trip. oktoberfest?

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, language refresher training.

I had a Canon S70 before this.

Fotonutz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Matt,

If your friends have a Panasonic Lumix LX3, try and borrow from them.

It's the perfect travel camera as it has a Leica Summicron 24mm/F2.0 lens which is very sharp. It's the same lens as the Leica DigiLux 4.

The sensor for the LX3 is way bigger than any compact camera and you don't need flash on this camera.....Unless you're shooting inside a coal mine without lights.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I got my camera in today, and I have to say that I love it. It's tiny as hell which is perfect. I don't shoot photos for display, and rarely even to print, but rather for memories, emails, facebook, etc...and this I think will do the trick. And the small size will encourage me to carry it around more often.

jaa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi there, your camera bag fits everything nicely, but where is all the protection? there is no padding to protect the lenses or camera??? As I could see from the photos, its just a thin piece of cloth material...correct me if i'm wrong

OP
D

dj r

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi there, your camera bag fits everything nicely, but where is all the protection? there is no padding to protect the lenses or camera??? As I could see from the photos, its just a thin piece of cloth material...correct me if i'm wrong

If I'm going rock climbing I use a crumpler bag. For everyday use I use dome bags. I don't toss my camera bags around so they are perfectos for me.

Most reactions

Latest posts