What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does your iPad 3 heat up excessively?

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is going to vary depending on how the battery is discharging or recharging! Most people with a case won't even know that it is happening.

dalepa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't use a case, and hopefully the heat will go away, because My hand is getting hot...

1 hour of use...

Mickeylittle said:
This is going to vary depending on how the battery is discharging or recharging! Most people with a case won't even know that it is happening.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't use a case, and hopefully the heat will go away, because My hand is getting hot...

1 hour of use...

I've been running my new iPad for over an hour now and it is still cool to the touch no heat in any of the corners.

dalepa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MattIM said:
I've been running my new iPad for over an hour now and it is still cool to the touch no heat in any of the corners.

I'm currently charging, so maybe it's hit while charging?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
After I set up my new iPad,I had it running continuously for several hours,downloading my apps and video content.I didn't notice any heat build up at all.

xGary

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL for real? Mine heats up during normal Internet browsing

Diedra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After i activated the verizon account, i watched a one hour video over wifi with the cellular radio still on. Suddenly, my whole screen changed to "temperature warning...ipad must cool down before you can continue using it." it shocked me because that is a first, never had that ever on the ipad 2. Then the screen went black. I immediately pressed the home button, and slid to unlock, and it came right back on. It stayed warm, i left it in the cover it is in. And so far it hasnt happened again. But apparently Apple knows this can get hot because there is a warning that can show up. Did some looking and apparently the ipad 2 also could produce that warning but i never saw it nor felt heat on the 2. This new one definitely gets warm on mid to lower left side.

Jazzephaye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The heat will go away. Mine was very hot , the first day...after it cooled it never got that hot again.

AnIpadDude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, my iPad 3 heats up excessively. The first one I received had a big speck of dust under the screen and they replaced it. But both my current and previous iPad 3's heated up excessively. Specifically, in the back side's bottom left corner then the heat radiates across the entire back of the iPad.

Folks - here is the test... Put your iPad on full brightness and interact with your iPad for at least 5-10 minutes. Interaction includes surfing to game playing. Please report your findings on this thread to help figure out if this is a mainstream excessive heat problem for all iPad 3's or if the heat is an indicator of a bad iPad that needs to be exchanged.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever had an iPad set at 100% brightness.

Erusman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep. I have the iPad 2 & iPad 3. iPad 3 gets hot lower left corners. After hour or so of gameplay. Thats at
100% brightness. Turn down the brightness and the heat problem goes away. Must be something to do with
the new display and power being drawn.

Most reactions

Latest posts