What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My ipad "over heat"

nurafifah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone can help me???why my ipad easy to over heat after use in 30 minutes...basically if this happen i may stop to play and wait until my ipad become a normal...

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone can help me???why my ipad easy to over heat after use in 30 minutes...basically if this happen i may stop to play and wait until my ipad become a normal...

Your iPad will get quite warm if you are playing games and have the brightness turned up and if you are in a hot environment. Remember it's got a nice big battery in it, which makes the iPad great for battery life. Your iPad has a built in overheating safety function. It will close down by itself as a safety measure if it gets too hot to harm the internal electrics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As The OB says, the iPad 3 has a large battery and a high res screen and has powerful graphics. Also, it is passively cooled....all that means heat builds up. Thus, you need to either ramp things down by lowering the screen brightness, limiting your play time, or providing some cooling. A good idea is to use headphones for sound and then play under a fan...with the fan blowing on your iPad. It works best if the iPad is not in a case, in terms of cooling, but that may be more uncomfortable for you. You will need to experiement to find the best combination of cooling techniques for you. Turning on the AC helps, too.

I spend a lot of money to keep the cpu/gpu in my computer case cool...so I can encode video, play games, etc, while keeping things cool. The iPad is no different, but it does tend to push a lot of pixels while inside a tiny case (comparitively). My Nexus 10 does the same thing, but it will throttle down the GPU (lower the clock speed) and then it will start dropping frames, which means game play becomes laggy. Again, cooling is the key to controling this. Same techniques apply.

Last edited:
OP
nurafifah

nurafifah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank a lot for you guys..i really appreciate for that tips..after this i will more alert on this things.. :D

Most reactions

Latest posts