What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does the Cellular Version Use a Sim Card?

Sid_007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is my first post here after signing up. I have not yet done the intro thing over at that forum, but, plan to do so soon.

I'm quite new to iPads having purchased a 9.7 about six months ago to see if I wanted to go with the Apple line since it's the only tablet for which the superb Procreate software is written. I didn't add the Apple Pencil when I learned that it wasn't compatible with that model. Thus, you can see how new I am to using the iPad.

However, I will be purchasing a new Pro 2 (12.9) and pencil soon.

My question in this post is related to using cellular with the iPad. Do cellular models have sim card slots (ports?) ? If not, how are they set up for cellular?

Thanx!

Sid

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And for me I got the 12.9 a couple nights ago and was able to activate it here in my living room shortly after unblocking it. It took less than 2-3 minutes. I am with AT&T so there will be a $25 activation fee on my next bill. What a rip off since I didn't even call anyone to complete the process. :rolleyes:

OP
S

Sid_007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanx, J.A. just what I needed to know. Super that you included the link.

OP
S

Sid_007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And for me I got the 12.9 a couple nights ago and was able to activate it here in my living room shortly after unblocking it. It took less than 2-3 minutes. I am with AT&T so there will be a $25 activation fee on my next bill. What a rip off since I didn't even call anyone to complete the process. :rolleyes:
Mickey, that's a priceless shot of Aaron Rogers!.

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just wondering . I'm ordering the Pro 10.5 + Cellular . I'll insert my french sim card and use it as usual at home .

My question is : There is an  sim integrated I believe , so when I travel , instead of getting a local sim and switching with my french one , I can use the  sim ?
If so , how do I go from one to the other ?

Black_Creek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can choose it in the mobile data section in the settings app. But the plans which you can get there are very very expensive! I checked it on my trip to italy. It is much better to get a prepaid sim from a local provider!

Most reactions

Latest posts