What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

does the back of ipad2 scratch easily?

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hi all,i just got my ipad2 and got the smart cover the same day,now im wondering about the back,does it scratch easily?does it need protecting?how does yours look after using without a cover on the back?if you use a film or something on the back what did you get or make?thanks.

Markswheels

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had mine since the the first day they came out and only used the smart cover. I only recently added a clear back cover as more or less a just in case factor. But, the back of my iPad still looked perfect as the day I bought it. I picked mine up off ebay. Works with the smart cover.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

jegan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is cover sold just to cover back portion of iPad. It can be good solution for you

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Depends on where the itch is.
It does help on areas of the back that I would have difficulty reaching with hand alone.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, I suspect that scratches are always a possibility w/ an unprotected back of the iPad - just not sure about there frequency?

However, I bought a clear plastic back cover made by Cimo Technologies - snaps (and stays) on leaving access to all of the controls - compatible w/ the smart cover; adds little thickness to the iPad, and feels a little more sturdier to hold at least in my hands.

Just my opinion - good luck in your choice - :)

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
thanks all,my main worry was when it was lying around the house or taking it out,my smart cover covers the back when using it except when its a stand,i went in the apple shop this afternoon and the lad in there said they dont scratch all that easy,in the end i bought a nice Griffin slip case that has a pull up tab that lifts the ipad partly out,if i come across a transparent film(like the screen protector stuff)i will add one for good measure.

lenbo41

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No scratches on the back of my ipad2 after 1 month. Now I have a leather case for it, just in case!

Jaxtah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad2 went straight into a folio case the moment it came out of the box - again 'just in case'



Sent from my iPad using iPF

Macette

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A lovely clear back cover on mine with red leather smart cover well worth protecting 

samch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I scratched mine the day I got it :( I slid it across the table as it was bit out of reach and got a big scratch on it from something that I couldn't see on the table, still don't know what it was.bought a skin for the back since and recently got a back cover that works with my smart cover, I would defiantly put something on the back to protect it as I was gutted to have damaged it first day with my carelessness

Macette

iPF Novice
Reaction score
samch said:
I scratched mine the day I got it :( I slid it across the table as it was bit out of reach and got a big scratch on it from something that I couldn't see on the table, still don't know what it was.bought a skin for the back since and recently got a back cover that works with my smart cover, I would defiantly put something on the back to protect it as I was gutted to have damaged it first day with my carelessness

 can understand how you would be gutted. I would be too.never mind in years to come you will only have one scratch 

Most reactions

Latest posts