What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does Skyfire realy run flash on iPAD ?

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Almost every place, it is being mentioned time and again, that you can't run flash on the iPAD.
So how come a company with a browser named Skyfire
is stating that it does run flash on iPAD.
Any one checked it out ?

here is the company's site:
Skyfire for iPad | Skyfire

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SkyFire becomes your browser, when you click on a flash movie or animation, the request goes to SkyFire's servers, the server downloads the flash you requested, converts it to HTML5, and sends it to your iPad, in just a few seconds. Games being interactive won't work properly or at all.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Has only worked once for me! I just use it as a very expensive browser!

OP
peled

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yap.
Does not make any sense to me , that you can send and receive a movie on the internet , with an un-noticeable delay
And they charge $5 for that...:mad:

Anyway. It is a nice thinking.

rkelac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It does work fine on some sites like the Daily Show. It will play the entire episode. However, with most sites it does not recognize that there is video embedded on the page.

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Skyfire works for some sites and not for others. My experience has been it doesn't work most times.
It the same with the other one ibitfire.

iPadUser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is basically, just used for simple videos or text. And on various forums people have mentioned that it does not always work properly. The program isn't meant to download movies, or big item flash content, just some of the basic things. I wouldn't bother with it too much from what I have heard.

rkelac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is basically, just used for simple videos or text. And on various forums people have mentioned that it does not always work properly. The program isn't meant to download movies, or big item flash content, just some of the basic things. I wouldn't bother with it too much from what I have heard.

I would think that 20-30 minutes of video program content is fairly large.

iPadUser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Frankly I guess I don't know then. The reviews I read said it was mediocre and basic or it just doesn't work at all. Guess I will have to do more research before I post on something like this. I tried a version of it at Best buy, but the websites I visited did not work:(.

jackmahon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sky fire stinks

Almost every place, it is being mentioned time and again, that you can't run flash on the iPAD.
So how come a company with a browser named Skyfire
is stating that it does run flash on iPAD.
Any one checked it out ?

here is the company's site:
Skyfire for iPad | Skyfire[/QUOT

Sky fire stinks, I'm trying to get a refund. Apples really letting us down

Most reactions

Latest posts