What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skyfire for iPad On Sale for $3.99 Until 9 A.M Friday

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMx0k2KPy8A[/ame]​

Softpedia reports today that Skyfire for iPad, the iOS browser that lets you view Flash on your iPad (and on iPhone with the iPhone version) has had its price cut from $4.99 to $3.99 in the App Store, but you’ll have to be quick as it will revert to its regular price at 9.a.m pacific time on Friday. The browser works by using the Skyfire servers to translate Flash videos, which usually are prevented from running on iOS devices, into videos capable of being viewed on your iPad or iPhone.

Softpedia notes that since an update this month, Skyfire now has faster URL entry with auto-complete, as well as a strengthened private browsing mode. However, while it’s great to have the chance to try out the browser at a slightly reduced price, Skyfire still leaves a lot to be desired in certain areas, as you still can’t use it to play Flash games, Hulu is also not supported, and you’ll still come across plenty of Flash videos that don’t work with Skyfire, although the company is trying to remedy that as quickly as it can.

Click here to download Skyfire for iPad for $3.99: Skyfire Web Browser for iPad for iPad on the iTunes App Store

Source: Grab Skyfire for iPhone / iPad Now - 48 Hour ?Flash Sale? - Softpedia

Last edited:

MuchoiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it worth it?

I have been toying around with the idea of getting this. But i got to much clutter on my ipad already. Anyone have this app is it worth it?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can turn off apps in iTunes so they do not sync and also reorganize them on the fly. Regarding sky fire if the shoe fits wear it it will not satisfy all your needs but at the same time depending what you want to watch in flash it may be the answer. I suggest that you search our forums to find out what it is best for hope that helps col

Munchkin52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Getting going

I have downloaded app. with high hopes. Ran across 3 flash sites today, and closed sites, opened app and returned to flash site. Every time I tried to get the flash version the message "no videos" comes up. Maybe I'm not using this right, but so far, a waste of my money.:(

Most reactions