What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone know of car tune-up ipad equipment?

hjsimpson

iPF Noob
Reaction score

ipaduser434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a hypermiler and have been using the ScanGauge II on my Matrix for a couple years. Excellent product and it sits in a location on my dash where it's easily seen. ScanGaugeII - Trip Computers + Digital Gauges + Scan Tool

I think placement of an iPad where you could see it without taking your eyes off the road would be a challenge because of its size.

OP
zipur

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Interesting I thought that was just a fable. What type of car? What s your mpg,? Do you actually 10 - 20 miles an hour? What would you estimate your savings to be. I'm fascinated because here in Texas everyone drive a Big truck or SUV and believe me there is no concern for speed around here. I've lived I'm Calif, Tenn and Fla. And I've come to realize that It's a Texas thing.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

ipaduser434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Matrix

I drive a Toyota Matrix - five speed. Have never owned an automatic; they're lousy in snow and ice. Now that I've got my snow tires off, my MPG is around 35-36 around town; on the Interstate I have gotten 47MPG (never leaving the right lane). No, I don't drive 10-20 MPH - the highway speed limit is 55MPH so I keep just under that. No jack rabbit starts or skid stops; time the lights and do a lot of coasting with the clutch pedal depressed. The hypermilers have their own website which offers a lot of driving tips. With gas at $4.29/gallon, every ounce counts (prefer to spend my money on apps, not petrol). My last fill-up was April 25. Drive to work each day and around town. Still have over half a tank left. Gas Cubby is a neat little app that I just started using to track my fill-ups. Much better than paper and pen.

The ScanGauge is neat because you can see the MPG you're getting at that moment and adjust. Lots of read out options, plus it scans for codes and reports them. And you can clear the codes as well.

Trucks and SUVs aren't just a Texas thing. There's loads of them up here in the north woods. Am glad I don't own one.

Most reactions