What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

does any one still have a ipad 1?

Tech_Junkie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had mine since Christmas 2011. It still works great! I can still update almost all of my apps! I use mine for work. ( I'm a journalist) I still can update Pages which cheers me up greatly. I absolutely love my first gen. The model is iPad 1 32GB Wifi. I love mine!

intillzah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still have mine, I use it in the bedroom as a clock and internet radio. And it's still does all I want it to do. I will admit, the crashes are a bit more frequent, but it's still liveable..

orthoghost

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oh yes i have mine and works well for me. just jailbroke it 2 days back; looking forward to using it a bit more than just as an e book reader.
got it from the first lot long back and has worked well till date now has started crashng once in a while daily.

Last edited:

mantarkus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As I mentioned in another similar thread, I still use my iPad 1 iOS 5.1.1 jailbroken to play games, watch movies and browsing. I have no need to update since,as others have mentioned, are intended for either the iPhone 5 larger screen or IOS 6. An update doesn't really mean upgrade. I have no need for a camera, I don't video chat. Besides I have a REAL camera for photos.

johnsmith01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here, and I have a WiFi + 3G model (Although i've never used the 3G). I've recently upgraded to a new iPad due to the slowdown and instability brought on by the newer updates, but it can still hold a charge for days on end with no problem

Dakotapix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bought my 16 Gb wifi iPad in 2010 and it is still going strong. I use it constantly during the day. The battery still seems strong. Took me a while to get used to the faux keyboard but since I'm not a strong typist I eventually got control of the keyboard. Our router is in the basement and I did have trouble catching the signal on my back porch during the warm seasons so I had to install a range extender (NetGear) and that helped a lot. Also own a 2010 iMac and 2009 MacBook Pro but the iPad gets the lion's share of use these days. When the new models came out, I looked at them but could not see a compelling reason to upgrade.

cicsos2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife uses her iPad 1 (32g, WiFi, 3G) every day. She had a red case that makes it look like an Eatch-a-Sketch. That simple case has given her a lot of enjoyment since it is a real "stopper". People will see it and stop to ask if it is "real". It has also helped protect the iPad from four different falls (one from 4 feet onto a concrete floor). It was well worth the money. Plus, since that company has not made a cover for any of the newer iPads - it has saved me from having to upgrade her iPad.

Tiggy1993

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I have an iPad 1 64 GB with wifi and broadband

Sent from my iPad using iPF

generater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still using my Ipad 1 16 gb which is still going strong and works perfectly, the battery still holds it charge for ages and i feel no need to replace it other than the ability to use app's that require IOS 6, other than that
it does everything i want it to and is great when i want to get online to look something up etc a sit is ready to use in a fraction of the time it takes for my laptop to fire up

carbrad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still have my 32gb since the day they were released. Still remember the day UPS delivered it. Seems to crash a lot and since i now have an Iphone 5 the speed seems very slow. Plus all the comments about app upgrades is frustrating. Still pretty good as a web browser. Stoped using it for emails. Always thought it was a little too heavy for an ebook reader but do read my Time magazine on it. You can see the pixels on the display. Makes me a little sad that something this expensive and fantastic is obsolete in just two years. Part of the apple ecosystem of wanting us to upgrade all the time even though are older devices are still in great shape. Phones dont seem to be as bad. My son loves my old iphone 4 and my wife loves her iphone 4s and the iphone 5 is great. Tablets are just evolving so fast. As i type this on my Ipad 1 i realize what a great device this still is.. Any way to overclock and speed this unit up? Any tweeks that increase preformance. To bad ther is no way to add ram to apple products . That would add alot of life to the products. So if anyone knows how to increase preformance let me know. A happy Apple user:)

Dakotapix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lack of RAM is the one area that will probably lead me to buying a newer iPad. I believe the RAM was increased in subsequent upgrades. Several of the Apps I use frequently crash or stop working properly until I do a complete shutdown and restart. Among those troublesome Apps are Xfinity Connect and the National Geographic World Maps. Maybe I'm wrong but I suspect those would work properly with double the RAM. I've never heard of a way of increasing RAM on the iPad 1.

BlackOropher26

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Still have mine :)
Mainly,i use it as a back up for my iPad 3.I use it every morning and night to check on emails,watch some videos on youtube,watch movies,read forums,and play some of my favourite games(temple run,fun run,subway surfer,stardom) while i'm in bed.So to make it short..either i'm saving my iPad 3's battery or i'm charging it.The original ipad still satisfy my needs,even though it lags when i'm browsing facebook or twitter..but either way,i'm still happy with it just like when my mom present it to me during christmas last 2010.

gamma5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would it be a good idea to upgrade from ipad1? And if so to which one?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would it be a good idea to upgrade from ipad1? And if so to which one?

If you can afford to upgrade then yes, you would notice a huge difference, if you've got the money then look at the iPad 4, if you are looking for a discount then a refurb iPad 3, a new iPad 2 or alternatively, if you fancy something a little more portable and lighter then maybe the mini.......the options are endless.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts