What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

does an ipad bought in the usa work in australia

matt 17581

iPF Noob
Reaction score
May be a silly question but i am travelling to the us soon and was going to buy an ipad 2 but not sure if the 3g model will work in australia ?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
As long as you don't get the verizon one (it uses CDMA instead of GSM), you'll be fine.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The 3 g will have a card installed for AT&T I am unsure if the iPad is unlocked
You need to purchase a unlocked iPad then install a prepaid optus, Telstra, Virgin or Vodaphone card. You should be aware that prices in Australia are the same as USA Also be aware that price quoted USA does not include sales tax. What you have to understand is that you have to declare the iPad on entry to Australia which will impact your total duty free amount. my advice is buy in Australia as at the end of the day you will pay the same. It is true the Aus dollar is around $1.8 I would buy other items like clothes etc but that is my opinion.

Most reactions

Latest posts