What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

docking

nimetty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi i'm new to this forum hope someone can help right here goes i've just brought a ipad2 today now i also brought a official apple docking station from carphonewarehouse now when i plug the ipad into the wall using the usb lead and plug it shows its charging but when i plug it in to the docking station so the usb lead plugs into the back of the docking station and put my ipad into dock nothing happened.So i took the docking station back to the shop and got a replacement and got it home plug it in and guess what nothing happen did not even get the little bleep from the ipad to say it was plug in so i tried it plugged into laptop and nothing now i found out that theres not enough power from laptop usb to charge the ipad but that does not explain why it won't charge through the official apple docking station so am i unlucky and have had 2 duff docking stations or am i missing something hope someone can shed some light on this many thanks
nimetty

noddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad needs more wattage to charge. On its charger it will state "10w". It might be that the docking station is interrupting that input and knocking down the power. Likewise, there isnt enough power from a laptop usb to charge up an ipad

Stick with what the iPad came with.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nimetty said:
Hi i'm new to this forum hope someone can help right here goes i've just brought a ipad2 today now i also brought a official apple docking station from carphonewarehouse now when i plug the ipad into the wall using the usb lead and plug it shows its charging but when i plug it in to the docking station so the usb lead plugs into the back of the docking station and put my ipad into dock nothing happened.So i took the docking station back to the shop and got a replacement and got it home plug it in and guess what nothing happen did not even get the little bleep from the ipad to say it was plug in so i tried it plugged into laptop and nothing now i found out that theres not enough power from laptop usb to charge the ipad but that does not explain why it won't charge through the official apple docking station so am i unlucky and have had 2 duff docking stations or am i missing something hope someone can shed some light on this many thanks
nimetty

I would be inclined to take it back to the shop, with your iPad, and get them to plug it in there and then to check it.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts