What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you use the ipad to make money? What apps do you use to support it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone is actively making money on their iPad. If so what apps do you use to support this. Please try to say how the app helps you.

Please do not spam this thread with links I'm not interested and it's not allowed on this forum so you will most likely get banned.

How do you make money on the iPad or how does it help your business in a way it's improved sales/production etc where the iPad has really made a difference?

OP
therealriley

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok il change the question, how do you use your iPad for work?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ah...now I feel I can post in your thread! The original question had me thinking were you looking for something I could not comment on....

I use my iPad to give pressentations...several per week. I love using the iPad for this because it lets you zoom in on things in a way you simply cannot do in a traditional PC. That pinch and zoom is wonderful for technical talks I give.

I also do a lot of reading for work on my iPad. That was my primary reason for dumping my iPad 2 and getting a retina iPad. Funny thing, though, is I can still do the reading on my mini, too, and since it is so small and light, it is easier to sit on the couch and hold it in my hand to read. And I do lots of this kind of thing. My iPad are a big tool for work...all linked to up to dropbox. Since getting my iPad, dropbox and become even more useful for me since I can work in the same files at work, at home, or whatever I am.

So, yes, iPad is a big part of work for me. The sheer number of apps is a big plus, too. I found this one app that I actually plan to use a lot over the next several months -- for work.

So, while I don't feel comfortable saying I make money with my iPad, I do feel comfortable saying I use my iPad in my work, which is how I earn a living. :)

I use GoodReader the most, for work. There are a few others that I'm planning on integrating into my daily workflow.

OP
therealriley

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Ah...now I feel I can post in your thread! The original question had me thinking were you looking for something I could not comment on....

I use my iPad to give pressentations...several per week. I love using the iPad for this because it lets you zoom in on things in a way you simply cannot do in a traditional PC. That pinch and zoom is wonderful for technical talks I give.

I also do a lot of reading for work on my iPad. That was my primary reason for dumping my iPad 2 and getting a retina iPad. Funny thing, though, is I can still do the reading on my mini, too, and since it is so small and light, it is easier to sit on the couch and hold it in my hand to read. And I do lots of this kind of thing. My iPad are a big tool for work...all linked to up to dropbox. Since getting my iPad, dropbox and become even more useful for me since I can work in the same files at work, at home, or whatever I am.

So, yes, iPad is a big part of work for me. The sheer number of apps is a big plus, too. I found this one app that I actually plan to use a lot over the next several months -- for work.

So, while I don't feel comfortable saying I make money with my iPad, I do feel comfortable saying I use my iPad in my work, which is how I earn a living. :)

I use GoodReader the most, for work. There are a few others that I'm planning on integrating into my daily workflow.

Yes the question is a little confusing sorry, I had to say that above to ensure people don't spam the forum! Do you solely rely on the iPad now or do you use a PC also. I'm interested in the apps and their potential uses in business. There is a tonne of apps but you don't always understand the new features they can bring to your business just by the iTunes description so I thought it would be interesting to see how others had integrated the iPad into their work?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes the question is a little confusing sorry, I had to say that above to ensure people don't spam the forum! Do you solely rely on the iPad now or do you use a PC also. I'm interested in the apps and their potential uses in business. There is a tonne of apps but you don't always understand the new features they can bring to your business just by the iTunes description so I thought it would be interesting to see how others had integrated the iPad into their work?

I use tablets, laptops, and PCs in everything I do.

One app that I have that I think could be useful in the day-to-day running of a business would be Bento for iPad. You can build databases to track almost anything. It comes with a lot of built up templates, like recipes, diet log, inventory, event planning, time billing, expenses, digital media, products for sale, equipment, issue tracking, items sold, customers, notes, etc. This is from the company that makes Filemaker Pro which allows one to develop tools for iPad.

OP
therealriley

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like this bento app thank you, I like to keep things organised and have searched before for a good database app and the one I had been using was crap. I'm sure the iTunes app search doesn't bring up everything.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use LandTrackerPro to convert DLS (dominion land survey) and NTS (national topographic system) locations into grid references, then use MotionX GPS HD to find out where they are, and how I'm going to get there.

Apart from that, I use email to keep me up to date on what in supposed to be doing.

That's about it really.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cool, confusing but cool :)

The NTS allows you to spot and location in Canada by means of a 6 part code. These are accurate to within a few meters. The DLS system is a secondary one used only in the Canadian Prairies (parts of Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and part of British Columbia). It is more useful where roads are arranged in a grid pattern. I believe there are similar systems in place in the USA and Australia.

fafrost

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the iPad to test my patients eyes and show them what different diseases look like.

laserguy007

iPF Novice
Reaction score
therealriley said:
I wonder if anyone is actively making money on their iPad. If so what apps do you use to support this. Please try to say how the app helps you.

Please do not spam this thread with links I'm not interested and it's not allowed on this forum so you will most likely get banned.

How do you make money on the iPad or how does it help your business in a way it's improved sales/production etc where the iPad has really made a difference?

I use Numbers for my spread sheet, iCal for my appointments, and Register with my Square card so my customers can pay me.

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Taking attendance
Recording grades
Taking meeting notes
Making handouts, educational videos, presentations
Showing presentations
Projecting and analyzing excerpts from works of literature or student essays Grading assignments
Signing forms
Conducting performance evaluations
Keeping track of tasks

OP
therealriley

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I've tried using that eye test before and it told me what my vision problem was and got it right. It's a nice app. Thank you for the replies, keep it up it makes an interesting read, and if possible please tell us what apps your using and the cost of the app etc

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My husband uses the mail app to read legal documents that have been emailed to him. He finds it very easy to scroll through them on the ipad and make notes (on paper!) as he proceeds.

OP
therealriley

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cool, it is good for getting your emails immediately.
I have lately been using nitro HTML, to edit and create my websites and I use the photo bucket app to host my images to so I can add the images to my website. Nitro HTML app is basic but handy for quick HTML editing and experimenting. And the photo bucket app can store a tonne of images business or pleasure.
Another good app is pages for Facebook fan page management. And then there is pro show app that is a free video creating tool so I can create and post videos to YouTube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts