What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you think the smart cover is the best case for ipad 2?

ipadfreak69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
anmanwar said:
NO! It's too expensive, falls off and you will end up getting another case

Yeah it just doesn't appear to offer the necessary support! I just wasn't sold. I agree anmanwar.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The SmartCover could become a very valuable collector's item one day. :)

Last edited:

Serianni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like it personally. I also have an Acase and an otterbox if it ever gets here.... I think the smart cover is very slick and it fits nicely on the edges. My acase covers front and back but the front flap does not hold to the case when closed like the smart cover. The smart cover stays fixed and always in place. The reason why the smart cover does not go on the back is because Jobs loves design and aesthetics in his products. He loves the iPad 2's design and to cover it would be horrible in his eyes. He is smart and knows what he's talking about. I even remember seeing that he had said that he loves the way that the metal on the apple products naturally wear. The smart cover is adequate for normal use but if you are like me then on the occasion at you may be in different user situations then you should also have a tougher case.

ipadfreak69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Serianni said:
I like it personally. I also have an Acase and an otterbox if it ever gets here.... I think the smart cover is very slick and it fits nicely on the edges. My acase covers front and back but the front flap does not hold to the case when closed like the smart cover. The smart cover stays fixed and always in place. The reason why the smart cover does not go on the back is because Jobs loves design and aesthetics in his products. He loves the iPad 2's design and to cover it would be horrible in his eyes. He is smart and knows what he's talking about. I even remember seeing that he had said that he loves the way that the metal on the apple products naturally wear. The smart cover is adequate for normal use but if you are like me then on the occasion at you may be in different user situations then you should also have a tougher case.

Thank you I love that you know what your talking about!

Lavada

Sent from my iPad2 using IPF

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Went into a Jimmy Choo store with my wife, iPad cases for £250, wife asked if she could have one, over my dead body was the response.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Smart Cover is really nice. It protects the most important part of the iPad and is very useful functionally as well. The ability to use it as a stand is brilliant, and it really does clean the front to a large extent.

There are probably two types of people who buy covers. People who them to keep their products usable and people who want to keep their products to be immaculate. The back of my iPad 2 has actually worn quite a bit, as did my iPad 1 which was actually kept in a case that only covered the back most of the time. I take care not to actually scratch them, but it's inevitable that you'll see wear where the iPad touches the surface. In my iPad 1's case, it was immediately above and below the Apple logo; in the iPad 2, it is on the edge with the volume control/mute buttons.

It is pretty revolutionary. The one thing I've always hated about cases is how bulky they are and how they hide the product. The Smart Cover does neither and you can take it off in an instant if you need to.

Last edited:

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hk1 said:
well, if you really want a showpiece, check out this case!!! $250 buckaroos. It does look pretty awesome although it's far from small. I guess it's really more of a portfolio than a case.

There's really no comparison whatsoever. Bison leather is in a whole other category of 'luxury', compared to the Chinese factory-made fake vinyl and polyurethane leather items in the $20+ ballpark.

ipadfreak69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got an awesome SNUGG iPad 2 REAL leather case from Amazon through a 3 party reseller, and I do mean AWESOME for 30 dollars. No shipping cost. It folds 3 different ways and the reviews are outstanding, ultimately helped me make my decision. It fits perfectly!! When you fold the flap back, there is a strap on the NUBUCK inside that allows you to tuck your hand inside it and hold it with one hand for reading, very comfortable. And the best part of all is that it has a magnetic strip that keeps it from opening when you close it shut. Speaking of when you close it shut it doesn't open, and it locks the iPad and opens it for you.

FIVE STARS, EAZY!!!! 

Sent from my iPad2 using IPF

Nelson7709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the smart cover at first. But lately realized that its not a necessity. There are other accessories out there that are very useful to enjoy full potential of the iPad.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After discussion with Mach3 last night, I'm waiting for the ultimate in carbon fibre cases. I guess I'm going to have to find a "Stop Gap" soloution, because the more I use my ipad for music, the less safe the pkaces I use it become.

I won't leave it at home....Pointless, but am sick and tired of stick on rubbish that does not work.

Perhaps, stainless steel? :D

Most reactions