What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Im gonna give the smart cover a chance tommorow

scubadiver12165

iPF Noob
Reaction score
anmanwar said:
My smart cover just didn't work out for me. I got tired of it constantly falling off. My main regret is that i didnt return it soon enough to get my $69 back! I ended up getting a leather case. Much better. From eBay..only $20. Gave up on groves bamboo case too. If I pay $100 and place pre order early April yet they wont delivery till after June 10!

Really? I have not had that problem. It fell off once but that was because my 5 year old held the iPad by the cover. Once I explained to her that she has to hold the iPad and not by the cover, it has not fallen off since.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
I used to use the apple smart cover, but the lack of rear protection made me look for an alternative. I then found this

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003P4SU78/ref=cm_rdp_product[/ame]

Basically a leather case that works like the smart cover, open and close and act as a stand

just another lurker....

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a gray CoverBuddy on my ipad2 along with a black leather smart cover.

That looks\works perfectly.

Hufn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For day to day use I have a iPad condom ;) well mine is from bodyguardz, but I am sure any of the majors would be fine. It's clear, looks nice and adds no weight to speak of. I did buy a back cover off of eBay for about 13 bucks, and I'll use it every once in a while when I travel or are worked, but it adds too much weight for day to day use...

Hup55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know it's risky and probably regret it the day it happens that I drop it but I prefer just having the smart cover on. I just love feeling the aluminum back when holding it.

SueInBoston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my smart cover..the instant on/off is awsome! I have the Skinomi carbon skin on the back to protect from scratches. It is textured so it also gives a little 'grip'. When I leave the house, it travels in a neoprene case.

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just purchased a Belkin smoke colored rear cover at Target to work with my navy blue leather smart cover. Nice combo! Too bad I still have a clear cover buddy on order from SwitchEasy. Although they already billed my card, I have not heard a word on shipment. Not impressed with their service.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

soogoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the smart cover, I don't like it! Mine comes off a lot too. I tend to use the iPad in the evening on my knee, if I have to move it off (the cat thinks my knee is his space!) it nearly always ends up coming off. And especially when I try to unroll it back onto the screen, it's diddly and awkward.

I actually ordered the Zagg keyboard and case but they mucked up the order and just refunded me. I decided if they were that incompetent I wouldn't order on again. Maybe I will pick one up when I visit the Stated in July.

Most reactions

Latest posts