What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you leave your iPad on while charging it?

Do you leave your iPad on while charging it?

• Always (or almost always)

Votes: 220 59.8%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 91 24.7%
  • Rarely

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Never

Votes: 24 6.5%

• Total voters

jaybrass73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad I've read the advice on here, mine hasn't been powered down since I blight it on 30th August - will power off to charge tonight - cheers!!

Kongstatine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's 50/50 for me. Depending which part of the day i'm charging the iPad. If charging at night, for sure it's off.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know why anyone would turn it completely off to charge. It only has a rudimentary charging system when it is off... It's only meant to give it enough of a charge so the device can power up for a proper charge.

Rcairncross76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad is always on. When it is charging it is charging at night I use it as an alarm clock. I have never charged it during the day, as thenbattery always lasts no matter how hard I try.

I do do the hard reboot where you hold power and home once a week to clear the memory though.

Paul Holmes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it's a buffet style restaurant I don't think you'd really need to worry about the rules of etiquette so much. Leave them on a napkin on the table.

Aladyleyna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Never. I normally charge my iPad everyday when I sleep, and I always turn it off during those times. Though sometimes I do end up forgetting, but then it always goes off on standby mode after 5 minutes anyway.

Most reactions