What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

do tried apps leave anything behind?

I

islandman

Last edited by a moderator:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You'll find these apps in the Purchased tab in the App Store. The data or informations that were saved to the app will not be available any more, once you've deleted the app from your device.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Deleting an app deletes all its saved data. When you delete an app from your iPad, a pop up appears informing you that deleting the app will also delete all its data. At that point you can cancel the delete or confirm it.

OP
I

islandman

I found the purchased apps recently, even those I'd deleted, so even though they are listed there, is good to learn they have left nothing behind, thanks

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I found the purchased apps recently, even those I'd deleted, so even though they are listed there, is good to learn they have left nothing behind, thanks

The Purchased Apps list in the App Store is merely a record of all the apps you've ever purchased (paid and free). They are not an indication of apps currently installed on your iPad.

OP
I

islandman

The Purchased Apps list in the App Store is merely a record of all the apps you've ever purchased (paid and free). They are not an indication of apps currently installed on your iPad.

Yes, I appreciate that now and in a way, I'm relieved they leave no rubbish behind.

Charlie Fox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Throughout the day, I keep an eye on AppZapp pro, just to see what they're giving away. If I see anything that might be useful, I install it. If I then find it's not for me, it is easily shaken and removed.

My question is this. Do these tried apps leave a thing behind and if so, how should they be cleared away totally.
In short yes they do, I Us Battery doctor and easily remove hundreds of mb's. Unfortunately I can't find it on the Apple Store anymore but there are other programs to use but I love battery doc.

OP
I

islandman

And that Charlie, is what I would like, something that identified anything left behind by a trial app after the app had been deleted. Each app may only leave a small amount, but collectively may in time be too much.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In short yes they do, I Us Battery doctor and easily remove hundreds of mb's. Unfortunately I can't find it on the Apple Store anymore but there are other programs to use but I love battery doc.

I'm no expert, but from some of the reading I've done, it appears the data is wiped when an app is deleted. All that remains is some keychain references, if applicable. I'm happy to stand corrected by those who know more about this.

Now regarding those "battery doctor" type apps, I gather Apple would have limited what they can and cannot do on a device level outside of the app itself. These are mostly just statistical apps, and don't actually have the ability to make too many changes outside its own sandbox. Again, happy to be educated by those in the know.

Charlie Fox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm no expert, but from some of the reading I've done, it appears the data is wiped when an app is deleted. All that remains is some keychain references, if applicable. I'm happy to stand corrected by those who know more about this.

Now regarding those "battery doctor" type apps, I gather Apple would have limited what they can and cannot do on a device level outside of the app itself. These are mostly just statistical apps, and don't actually have the ability to make too many changes outside its own sandbox. Again, happy to be educated by those in the know.
That's why they are safe to use as all apps are screened by Apple before they can go into the store, whereas android is not screened. Maybe that's why it's not there anymore. I've put idoctor on my partners iPads to try but I still use battery doctor without any problems. I to am learning as I go too that's why these forums are so good.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's why they are safe to use as all apps are screened by Apple before they can go into the store, whereas android is not screened. Maybe that's why it's not there anymore. I've put idoctor on my partners iPads to try but I still use battery doctor without any problems. I to am learning as I go too that's why these forums are so good.

I just installed the Battery Doctor app and I don't like it at all. It's full of ads and app recommendations, with ads flashing and trying to look like the rest of the app to entice you to click on it..

The actual app shows limited info, and I'm put off by the warnings about clearing the cache, which seems like a non recommended idea due to what it could clear (game saves, etc). To me this app is all fluff and no substance.

There was also a warning in the reviews on the App Store about the "boost" feature. The reviewer believes using this installs a profile on the device that opens it to access by the app developer. I'm erring on the side of caution on this one.

Charlie Fox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's strange as it's not in the store anymore and hasn't been for a long time, just checked mine and no adds what so ever and have never had any warnings in all the years I've been using it both on Apple and android

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's strange as it's not in the store anymore and hasn't been for a long time, just checked mine and no adds what so ever and have never had any warnings in all the years I've been using it both on Apple and android

Might be more than one :) Here's the one that was linked from a Google search result that I installed. It's actually for iPhone, but works on iPad.
9fc34fd93a30aa4c3010a44d8b0d7822.jpg

Charlie Fox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The picture is the same as mine but green and I have hd in mine, just had a look in App Store but didn't see it. Does this one remove junk files? How do you put these pics on? Still have a lot to learn, cheers.

Most reactions