What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos app acts strange

butterflies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I am trying to import pictures through iTunes. Any folder (with images) that is on my pc that I try to sync to the iPad is written over the last album in Photos. I am running 5.0. I didn't have this problem with the 4.x versions. So what happens is that during sync the title under the last album (in the Photos app on the iPad2) changes into the new folder's name, the thumbnail remains the one from the previous album, but all the pictures behind it are replaced by the pictures in the new folder. Am I doing something wrong maybe?
Rob

OP
B

butterflies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please give some advise. I am stuck. I made a new album in Photos now, but the new folders with images (synced from my pc to iPad 2) are still replacing the same album. So not the last one. So what exactly happens is:

1 When syncing a new folder (hoping that a new album will be made on the iPad), the title replaces the title of always the same album.
2 The images behind the thumbnail are reduced or increased to the number of images in the new folder. Say for instance the old album had 70 pictures and the new synced folder has 10, then 10 of the old album's pictures remain behind the thumbnail.
3 I cannot delete the albums that were on the iPad before I upgraded to 5.0. Only newly created albums.

Thanks,
Rob

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you are deselecting one fold and selecting another in iTunes, then the old folder will be deleted. Simple as that.

If you want multiple albums then place all the folders you want to sync under one master folder and choose it to sync. Only one level will sync, so not sub-subfolders. If you choose selected folders as an option you can turn individual albums on/off.

Any time you de-select a folder in iTunes, iTunes takes that as an instruction to remove that content. This is the standard way to remove an album from the iPad. You can't delete the album on the iPad itself.

Most reactions

Latest posts