What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cheap calls from Europe to US

thedreamer22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm going on a 3-week trip to Europe soon. I'm planning to take my iPad with me and leave my iPhone and laptop behind. I'm looking for suggestions of apps that would allow me to call a landline in US from Europe at cheap rates. Much thanks in advance!

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I believe that Skype allows unlimited cellphone calls within the US and Canada, and unlimited landline calls to over 30 countries for $9.95 per month; but, make certain of the details as it's been a long time since I contracted with them. It's a month to month deal.

Well_see

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Download whistle its unlimited calls to anywhere in US and Canada

Download WHISTLE from apps store. Its unlimited calls to anywhere in US and Canada and its FREE. You will have ur own number too

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know the others ( But will check them out ) but Skype works fine , you don't need a monthly deal , just buy credits . 10$ will get you about ten hours .

OP
T

thedreamer22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for all the suggestions! I've never tried the "call to phone" feature of Skype, but I hear it works great. It allows cheap outgoing calls and even allows incoming calls, but you have to pay extra for it. ooVoo sounds similar to Skype.

The best suggestion so far for my purposes is the Whistle Phone app, which "provides free ad-supported 20 minute inbound and outbound calls to and from your Whistle number". I just downloaded the app, and it's working great! Hopefully, I won't have any problems with it in the hotels in Europe. I'll post my experience with the app in this thread when I return.

Well_see

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whistle is great. I already tried it when i travel back home and it works fine as long as you have good connection. The limit is probably 20 mins for every call but you can call back again or they can call you coz you have ur own number too and its asolutely FREE...what can you ask for!

james786

iPF Noob
Reaction score
really its great for all calls from skype on ipad in monthly packeges

Most reactions

Latest posts