What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I do this on an Ipad using Pages?

Smudge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an HP PC which I use as my laptop. I am planning on purchasing an ipad2 relatively soon. I use MS Word a lot on my current laptop. I am aware that I can create and receive Word Documents on my ipad via Pages. However, this is what I would like to do, and do not know if this is possible:

Create a document on Pages on my ipad and export it to my laptop in .doc format. Once I open this document in MS Word on my laptop I would like to be able to edit it and send back the edited version to my ipad for review. Is this possible? Thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an HP PC which I use as my laptop. I am planning on purchasing an ipad2 relatively soon. I use MS Word a lot on my current laptop. I am aware that I can create and receive Word Documents on my ipad via Pages. However, this is what I would like to do, and do not know if this is possible:

Create a document on Pages on my ipad and export it to my laptop in .doc format. Once I open this document in MS Word on my laptop I would like to be able to edit it and send back the edited version to my ipad for review. Is this possible? Thanks

Yes - certainly. Pages is a stripped down Word-compatible document processor. Any document originated in Pages is 100% compatible with Word. The reverse direction - Word->Pages - about 90%. There's no support for Track Changes in Pages and complex formatting can be a challenge - but, other than that, it's fine..

Have a look at this....

One of our members carried out a survey of Office apps for his company; you can see his conclusions in this thread...

http://www.ipadforums.net/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/22431-hi-all.html

The Apple iWorks Office suite for the iPad has a set of useful Help pages that show their capabilities here...

Pages is Word compatible and can read .doc and .docx files and save in .doc and .pdf

Keynote is PowerPoint compatible and can read .ppt and .pptx files and save in .ppt and .pdf

Numbers is Excel compatible and can read .xls and .xlsx files and save in .xls and .pdf

http://help.apple.com/iwork/1.3/mobile/interface/index.html#tan724868a9

Tim

fre1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
User guide

What are some of the better user guides for the iPad2?

Most reactions

Latest posts