What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do i have a problem?

barbieb12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently noticed when my I pad is checking for mail, after it up dates then it says sending 6 unsent messages. Why is this happening and how do I stop it? There is no mail to be sent!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi and welcome,

I've just moved this to the help section to get a better chance for an answer for you.

The Archangel

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Apparently the iPad has failed to send some email at some point. If you have some emails that fail to send for one reason or another the iPad will try again each time the Mail app is opened.

You can see what these emails are (if you are fast enough, or then fail again). Tap the Mailbox button at the top of the email list until you see a list of Inboxes and Accounts. If there is pending/outgoing email there will also be an Outbox. This only shows up when there is outgoing email on the iPad that has failed, or is still in the process of being sent.

Open the Outbox (if visible) and look at what's in it. That may explain things, or not.

OP
B

barbieb12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Apparently the iPad has failed to send some email at some point. If you have some emails that fail to send for one reason or another the iPad will try again each time the Mail app is opened.

You can see what these emails are (if you are fast enough, or then fail again). Tap the Mailbox button at the top of the email list until you see a list of Inboxes and Accounts. If there is pending/outgoing email there will also be an Outbox. This only shows up when there is outgoing email on the iPad that has failed, or is still in the process of being sent.

Open the Outbox (if visible) and look at what's in it. That may explain things, or not.

Thank you so much, problem solved! You are a genius, this was driving me nutso!!

Most reactions

Latest posts