What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Closing mailbox?

iPed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a message stuck sending in yahoo so I deleted the account and reentered it. Then it appeared fine but all of a sudden it showed there were actually 3 open mailboxes 2frozen from before with an old time and one up to date with the unsent message stuck in the nonexistent outbox. I can send messages now but i was hoping someone may know how can I close the 2 mailboxes lingering in the background And get rid of the message that won't send?

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can't say if it will work, but there is no harm in trying "killing the app":

While in the Mail app, hold the Sleep button until you see the "Slide to power off" screen. Let go of the Sleep button, then press and hold the Home button until you get back to the Home screen (should be about 3 or 4 seconds).

This stops the application and clears up any memory leak issues that the app is causing.

Nothing will be deleted or reset, so there is no harm trying this.

Most reactions

Latest posts