What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DisplayOut

crazyhorse1217

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a recently jb my ipad1. I use display out and the apple digital av adapter but I hate the cable popping out of the side or top etc.
Is there a hdmi adaptor which will allow me to stand the iPad up in landscape/portrait mode and will allow me to charge the iPad at the same time?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The official HDMI adapter has a passthrough, so in theory you can use the official dock with HDMI in the back + power in the passthrough giving you the solution you want.

OP
crazyhorse1217

crazyhorse1217

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
The official HDMI adapter has a passthrough, so in theory you can use the official dock with HDMI in the back + power in the passthrough giving you the solution you want.

That is the adaptor I am using. The problem is that it sticks out from the bottom of the iPad by 10cm and that without any cables plugged into it. Anybody know of a dock that will do the same job, but allow me to stand the iPad up in portrait view?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
crazyhorse1217 said:
That is the adaptor I am using. The problem is that it sticks out from the bottom of the iPad by 10cm and that without any cables plugged into it. Anybody know of a dock that will do the same job, but allow me to stand the iPad up in portrait view?

Did you read my post? Combine it with the official ipad2 dock. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts