What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did Samsung copy Apple?

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Has anyone been following the news of Apple V Samsung in the UK? Today at a hearing in the court in London, the judge told Apple that it had to change the wording of the statement within 48 hours, carry it on its home page, and use at least 11-point font. Does anyone agree with this ruling? I think it's terrible. :(

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had wondered whether Apple's ad would annoy the court. They basically followed the letter, but not the spirit of the ruling. I figured it would've been better to follow the spirit and move on, instead of creating a spectacle. But maybe they figure all publicity is good publicity.

OP
I_luv_Apple

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I had wondered whether Apple's ad would annoy the court. They basically followed the letter, but not the spirit of the ruling. I figured it would've been better to follow the spirit and move on, instead of creating a spectacle. But maybe they figure all publicity is good publicity.

True! I didn't think of it that Way. I do think that Samsung did copy Apple but is said think its ridiculous to sue. Surely copying is the highest form of flattery.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think copying ruins innovation. I mean why innovate where you can copy others. They need tougher copyright laws. The tougher the laws the more companies will start to come out with original ideas.

JMHO of course.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Trouble is, laws are going to be made by the likes of the moron that ruled that Samsung didn't copy Apple.

Lets see now. No such thing as a tablet, then along comes Apple and invents the concept, and in a matter of weeks Samsung comes along screaming "Look what we stole, sorry reverse engineered, sorry INVENTED. And ours is better than the Apple thing that we never knew existed."

Yeah, right. The only person taken in is some bewigged fool in England. Don't forget. Judges are just lawyers with a promotion. They are still lower than a snake's guts. That is why they have laws like contempt of court. They have to demand respect. They sure as hell aren't going to get it any other way.

ajcgn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Don't forget. Judges are just lawyers with a promotion. They are still lower than a snake's guts. That is why they have laws like contempt of court. They have to demand respect. They sure as hell aren't going to get it any other way.

Best opinion of the legal profession I can ever remember reading. :)

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
All Apple is really doing is giving Samsung a lot of free press. Samsung just finished a 7.8 Billion quarter, and it's phones and tablets were the reason. Samsung is so much larger in every part then Apple, so legal costs are just a small bump in the road to them. Best Apple puts it all to rest and quickly.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ipadder474 said:
All Apple is really doing is giving Samsung a lot of free press. Samsung just finished a 7.8 Billion quarter, and it's phones and tablets were the reason. Samsung is so much larger in every part then Apple, so legal costs are just a small bump in the road to them. Best Apple puts it all to rest and quickly.

Apple just finished a 36 Billion dollar quarter, with net profit of 8.2 Billion dollars.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trouble is, laws are going to be made by the likes of the moron that ruled that Samsung didn't copy Apple.

Lets see now. No such thing as a tablet, then along comes Apple and invents the concept, and in a matter of weeks Samsung comes along screaming "Look what we stole, sorry reverse engineered, sorry INVENTED. And ours is better than the Apple thing that we never knew existed."

Yeah, right. The only person taken in is some bewigged fool in England. Don't forget. Judges are just lawyers with a promotion. They are still lower than a snake's guts. That is why they have laws like contempt of court. They have to demand respect. They sure as hell aren't going to get it any other way.

Apple didn't invent the tablet. They popularized it, but even they never claim to have invented the concept.

Tablet computer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And I think there are good lawyers and good judges, just like there are good mechanics and good plumbers, lol.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was slightly inaccurate with my remarks about the iPad, Kay, but I wanted to write a post, not a novel.

I see you grabbed my underlying meaning, however. It is the popularization that everyone would like to emulate. If it comes to it, RIM did a far better job, and way earlier, with the hardware of the Playbook and completely messed up the overall experience by limiting the software.

I'm sure there are very nice judges [/sarcasm] but in this case, I think this unknown twerp wants to go down in legal history as the man who put the mighty Apple in their place. In other words, this was a judgment based on a personal agenda, not the truth, legal or moral. Of course, who am I to judge (cough). I'm just spouting opinion, but, hey, that's what the thread asks for.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Um Apple = a $650B company so lawyers are like a drop of water from an ocean.

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Um Apple = a $650B company so lawyers are like a drop of water from an ocean.

Time will tell Microsoft thought they were to big to ever get put down, but look at what has happened to them. I like my iPad2 and will give some real thought to getting a iPad4. But Samsung and some others have sure started bringing out a lot of very nice tablets, and at some really good prices. Law suits only in rich Attorneys, seldom do they have any real effect on the total out come of how and what a company does.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

LOL!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts