What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did anybody 'Reserve' their iPad In-Store?

iNugget

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
IF anyone did, how long did it take for you to get a call in? I know it's different for every store; but still curious of what the average wait might be. :eek:

USAF_C6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did. Reserved it last Sunday and got the pick up email today at noon. (7 days) Been messing with it ever since! :D

dennis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I reserved mine in-store on Friday 5/21. I also ordered it online last night. The online order is due to ship 6/8 and arrive 6/11.

Whichever one is ready first wins and I'll cancel the other.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I reserved mine in-store on May 7, received it May 13. I figured the in-store orders might move faster because they're coming in bulk, and I might get bumped ahead due to no-shows and/or cancellations. Wait times do seem shorter, from what I've seen on the forum.

OP
I

iNugget

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I hope I get it soon :D I'm super impatient, I'm so envious of those who have already received their shipment. I'm waiting on the 16GB Wifi, I can use the Palm Pixi as my "Anywhere" internet, so I'm set! You can also use a Blackberry or Droid!

Ominx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went on the list at the Rockaway, NJ store and have been waiting for 14 days and haven't received notice yet. I wish I had just ordered online when it was 5-7 days especially since the local store claimed it would be "under a week".

OP
I

iNugget

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I'm not blind. I didn't reserve a 3G, knowing that it was not allowed in my store, not sure about anybody else's store. So therefore that thread didn't call my attention. But maybe you need your eyes checked because you didn't seem to help answer my question any better, only came upon this thread to insult me.. :confused: It's not like iv'e been here forever, I've never even registered myself onto a forum. & It's people like you who hold me back from doing so.

rmcsteve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iNugget, no need to be hostile. The thread Brad referred you to has all of the info you are looking for. It doesn't matter whether you're looking for a 3G or wifi-only, it's all discussed there. Good luck, I hope you find your answer!

CPMS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iNugget, no need to be hostile. The thread Brad referred you to has all of the info you are looking for. It doesn't matter whether you're looking for a 3G or wifi-only, it's all discussed there. Good luck, I hope you find your answer!

Agree with rmscteve, except I think Brad was a little harsh to start. We're all here to help each other out right? If you're not of that mindset you really shouldn't be here, and definitely not post just to be rude. What happened to "if you don't have anything nice to say then shut the f__k up"???

By the way, iNugget, I reserved my 64GB 3G in store and got the email in 10 days. Not the wifi only model that you're waiting for but hope this helps. Be patient ....... it'll be worth it:D

See, now that wasn't so hard now was it !!!!

tail24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I waited 12 days. Well 11 from the day of order but I count that day since it was the second day they were on sale and in the AM and was figuring they would have some.

It seems most people are waiting around the same, but now with the International sales coming this week i would predict that all wait times go way up as the demand goes way up!

TheDramaLlama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I reserved a 32 GB Wifi only iPad on Friday and it's killing me!! I'm checking my email every 5 minutes an i'm really impatient. I wanted to ask do wait times increase or decrease if the store is not in a big city. I'm in a small city that's why I'm asking.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The international launch articles I read had some pertinent info:

Currently, the factory can make about 180,000 iPads a week, while Apple has been selling 200,000/week in the US since the national launch (though they had some already made, as production started a few weeks before). With the international launch we'll see the orders go up, but apparently some supply line improvements mean that next week the factory will be able to build 250,000/week. How much of a backlog we see now will depend on how high demand is elsewhere, and how much US demand has tapered off. The remainder of the international launch is scheduled for July. so demand will bump up again.

tsowaiman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I reserved mine in-store on last Sunday 5/23 and got a [ick up email 3 days later 5/26.

TheDramaLlama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are veryy lucky! 3 days!!! It's day 2 so far and it's just eating me alive. I ordered my macally case last night so I'll be prepared

Most reactions

Latest posts