What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dictation problems

garstongal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi...is anyone else having problems with the dictation function not working on the new iPad? It worked okay when I first tested it but have been unable to get it to work again since. Apple support suggested a complete restore, but I thought I'd check on here first before resorting to that. Any chance it could be a problem with the remote server(s)?

OP
garstongal

garstongal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even more confused now...have returned home after work to find that dictation works fine from my home wi-fi, but not the one at work. I have had no Internet access issues at work - can go online etc, so don't know what that's all about!

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
garstongal said:
Even more confused now...have returned home after work to find that dictation works fine from my home wi-fi, but not the one at work. I have had no Internet access issues at work - can go online etc, so don't know what that's all about!

My guess....firewall issue at work impacting dictation from interfacing with apple servers.

OP
garstongal

garstongal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion - will ask our IT technician...

lovesidaho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My dictation has worked well for several months but has recently stopped working ....anyone else having this problem? I have rebooted it and have no other apps open...???? Help!!

Most reactions

Latest posts