What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fast Remote Desktop iPad app

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jump Desktop is the one I like. It supports both RDP and VNC so you can connect to a Mac or a PC from the same program. It supports left handed users and has a method that allows you to move the mouse pointer without hiding it under your finger.

And if you use XP, Vista or Windows 7 Pro editions you don't even have to load any special software on the PC.

I have windows xp and im kinda liki_ng this answer

tenblade2001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
does splashtop or jump work on 3G?

Splashtop works on 3G, but I think you have to configure your router to accept it. I say think because I did add it to my router's acceptable program list, but I'm not certain I had to, based on other posts.

I can also confirm as of today that it works with Clear's 4G iSpot. :)

if you're not very computer savvy is splashtop hard to install

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
does splashtop or jump work on 3G?

Splashtop works on 3G, but I think you have to configure your router to accept it. I say think because I did add it to my router's acceptable program list, but I'm not certain I had to, based on other posts.

I can also confirm as of today that it works with Clear's 4G iSpot. :)

if you're not very computer savvy is splashtop hard to install

The wi-fi install is a piece of cake - you install the app, install the receiver app on your desktop/laptop and you're good to go. Using it via 3G was trickier, but I got it going after maybe 15 minutes searching Google.

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Splashtop works on both PC and Mac as well.

Cool. Does it handle a left-handed mouse on the remote system, because that's a deal breaker for me.

How does it handle multiple monitors (2, 3 etc.) on the system you are controlling? Can you set multiple monitors or left handed mouse on a connection by connection basis, or are they global?

thanks

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jump Desktop is the one I like. It supports both RDP and VNC so you can connect to a Mac or a PC from the same program. It supports left handed users and has a method that allows you to move the mouse pointer without hiding it under your finger.

And if you use XP, Vista or Windows 7 Pro editions you don't even have to load any special software on the PC.

I have windows xp and im kinda liki_ng this answer

Please note that you have to have XP Professional to enable Remote Desktop. If you don't you can still install one of they free VNC servers, which is what I like, since I connect to multiple computers running many versions of Windows from XP Pro to Server 2008 R2. And I have a Macbook at work that I turn on occasionally so it's nice to know I have that option too.

Bob Coxner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Splashtop is currently on sale for 99 cents. I tried it and I'm very impressed. Installation was a breeze and it worked perfect for me. I have Vista Home Premium on my desktop.

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, am I confused.

I have been running Log Me In and was reasonably happy. I just changed positions and have new computer which I was going to install log me in next week.

You should probably speak to your IT dept. since doing that sort of thing may violate company security policies, or require their assistance in some form.

If your company has Microsoft VPN servers and Windows Pro or Business editions on the desktop access to your desktop is a piece of cake. I suspect the same is true with Mac VPN servers and desktop computers.

Most reactions